Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)Concept Awards (CA).
The summary for the Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)Concept Awards (CA). grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)Concept Awards (CA).: The intent of the Concept Award is to fund the exploration of an initial concept or theory that could give rise to a testable hypothesis. Presentation of preliminary data is not consistent with the intent of this award mechanism. Thus, data from preliminary studies are discouraged. These awards provide investigators with the opportunity to pursue serendipitous observations; it is anticipated that research completed through a Concept Award may provide sufficient preliminary data to enable the investigator to prepare a hypothesis-based proposal for future research. Proposals must describe how the new concept or theory will enhance existing knowledge of breast cancer. Topics of particular interest to the BCRP include, but are not limited to, systems biology, proteomics, computational biology, nanotechnology, early detection, and primary prevention. Concepts from complementary areas of science such as chemistry, biophysics, mathematics, engineering, etc. are encouraged as are research proposals submitted by consumers. Funding for Concept Awards can be requested for a maximum of $75,000 for direct costs over a 1-year performance period, plus indirect costs as appropriate. Projects requiring lower levels of funding may also be submitted. These funds can cover salary, expenses including research supplies, and travel to scientific/technical meetings. The amount allotted for travel is $1,800 per year. In addition, funding should be requested for a one-time, three and a half day meeting in 2005 to disseminate the results of DOD-sponsored research. Detailed description of the funding mechanisms, evaluation criteria, and submission requirements can be found in the FY03 BCRP Concept Award Program Announcement located at the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) web site.
|Federal Grant Title:||Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)Concept Awards (CA).|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BC03-CA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 21, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Dec 10, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Feb 20, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Feb 20, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Connors, James, Procurement Analyst, Phone 301-619-7144, Fax 301-619-2091, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Connors, James
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) FY04 Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) Concept Award (CA)
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award