Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development Program (DWPR)
The summary for the Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development Program (DWPR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development Program (DWPR): Through this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI), Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation), is accepting applications for projects to be funded by the Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development Program (DWPR). Through this program, Reclamation is forming partnerships with private industry, universities, water utilities, and others to address a broad range of desalting and water purification needs. Reclamation is interested in research where the benefits are widespread but where private-sector entities are not able to make the full investment and assume all the risks. Reclamation is also interested in research that would have a national significance where the issues are of large-scale concern and the benefits accrue to a large sector of the public.
|Federal Grant Title:||Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development Program (DWPR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R14AS00036|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Water Desalination Research and Development Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 14, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 14, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Apr 11, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Apr 11, 2014|
|Archive Date:||May 15, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any responsible source, to include individuals, institutions of higher education, commercial or industrial organizations, private entities, public entities (including state and local), or Indian Tribal Governments, may submit an application which will be considered by Reclamation. Foreign entities are not eligible for funding under the authorizing legislation for this program.
Federal agencies are not eligible to apply.
The applicant must make a commitment to conduct the project within the United States, including the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Bureau of Reclamation
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Michelle Maher, Grants Officer, 303-455-2025
Bureau of Reclamation 303-445-2444
- Similar Government Grants
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2...
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program for Fiscal Year 2019
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program for Fiscal Year 2018
- • Rio Chama Pilot Project
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program Fiscal Year 2017 Full Scale Testing P...
- • VTE Pilot/Demo Test
- • Measuring In-Situ Denitrification in Both the Native Groundwater and a Tracer Test in the ...
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development (DWPR)
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Water Conservation Services, Lower Colorado Basin Region
- • WaterSMART Cooperative Watershed Management Program Phase II
- • Water Reclamation and Reuse Research Projects
- • Notice of Intent to Award
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Activities in Kansas