Develop climate change synthesis
The summary for the Develop climate change synthesis grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Develop climate change synthesis: In support of the Pacific Islands Climate Change Cooperative (PICCC), the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Pacific Region is requesting project proposals for Fiscal Year 2015 to develop comprehensive science-based syntheses of potential future climate changes and their impacts to terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems of the main Hawaiian Islands, based on available climate change science. These syntheses will treat each island specifically, and will be developed in close coordination with, and with input from, land managers so that the end products are maximally useful for conservation decision-making and planning. As the species, ecosystems, and conservation challenges on each island are often unique, the details of these island-specific syntheses will differ, but all will include: Current trends and future projections of key aspects of climate, such as temperature, winds, rainfall, and sea level, with appropriate consideration of uncertainties; Current and projected impacts of climatic changes on ecosystems and native species; Implications of these changes on conservation lands; and Opportunities for minimizing climate-related losses of resources and their conservation and cultural values through management and public-private collaboration.Development of these syntheses will involve consultation with land managers at multiple stages. Service personnel will be substantially involved in assisting with various aspects of this project.
|Federal Grant Title:||Develop climate change synthesis|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Regional Development Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F15AS00225|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Landscape Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 13, 2015 Close date July 13, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 14, 2015|
|Posted Date:||May 14, 2015|
|Creation Date:||May 18, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Jul 14, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Connie Sauer, 503-872-2826
Fish and Wildlife Service 703-358-2459
- Similar Government Grants
- • Science Applications Region 4 2019-2020
- • Science Applications/National Priority Initiative for Monarchs
- • Synthesizing Socioeconomic Information, Data and Values in the Aleutians and Bering to Inf...
- • Southest Conservation Adaptaion Strategy (SECAS) Coordination
- • Eastern Tallgrass Prairie and Big Rivers Landscape Conservation Cooperative
- • Mapping Snow Habitat for Polar Bears along Beaufort Coast of Alaska
- • Fostering Collaborations across the North American Arctic
- • Science Applications-Wildlife Management Institute
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)