Disability Employment Initiative
The summary for the Disability Employment Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Disability Employment Initiative: The Employment and Training Administration (ETA), in coordination with Department of Labor's (the Department) Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP), announces the availability of approximately $18 million for a fourth round of cooperative agreements to state agencies that administer the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998. The Department expects to use this funding to award four (4) to eight (8) cooperative agreements to help states develop and implement plans for improving effective and meaningful participation of persons with disabilities in the workforce. These cooperative agreements will have a three (3) years and four (4) months period of performance.
|Federal Grant Title:||Disability Employment Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-DFA-PY-12-08|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Employment Service/Wagner-Peyser Funded Activities|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 04, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 04, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 22, 2013|
|Creation Date:||May 03, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jul 04, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$18,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$6,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants must be the state Workforce Investment Act (WIA) administrative agency, also known as the state workforce agency. Any state workforce agency that has not yet received a Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) award, and certain round 1 DEI grantees, are eligible for this round of DEI cooperative agreements. See Section III of the SGA.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eileen Banks Grants Management Specialist Phone 202-693-3403
Email Grants Management Specialist [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Workforce Information Grants Allotments fo...
- • Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Employment Service (ES) Allotments for Pro...
- • PY 2019 Allotments for Wagner-Peyser Act Employment Services (ES) Program
- • Revised Program Year 2018 Funding Levels for WIOA Title I Adult/Dislocated Worker/Youth Ac...
- • Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Workforce Information Grants (Wagner-Peyse...
- • Work Incentive Grants - SGA/DFA 03-102
- • Notice of Availability of Funds and Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) to Fund Coop...
- • Notice of Availability of Funds and Solicitation for Grant Applications for Cooperative Ag...
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Ass...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants