Dissertation Grant Awards for Doctoral Candidates for Violence-Related Injury Prevention Research in Minority Communities
The summary for the Dissertation Grant Awards for Doctoral Candidates for Violence-Related Injury Prevention Research in Minority Communities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Dissertation Grant Awards for Doctoral Candidates for Violence-Related Injury Prevention Research in Minority Communities: CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a funding opportunity announcement entitled, "Dissertation Grant Awards for Violence-Related Injury Prevention Research in Minority Communities." $100,000 [this amount is an estimate, and subject to the availability of funds] will be available in fiscal year 2007 to fund four awards. The purpose of this program is to encourage doctoral candidates from a wide spectrum of disciplines including: epidemiology, medicine, biostatistics, health economics, public health, law and criminal justice, and the behavioral and social sciences to perform research in order to prevent and control injuries more effectively. The estimated funding date is August 31, 2007.
|Federal Grant Title:||Dissertation Grant Awards for Doctoral Candidates for Violence-Related Injury Prevention Research in Minority Communities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-CE07-009|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Injury Prevention and Control Research and State and Community Based Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 15, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Oct 06, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Oct 11, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jan 14, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Phone 770/488-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • Grants to Support New Investigators in Conducting Research Related to Preventing Interpers...
- • Evaluating Practice-based Programs, Policies, and Practices from CDCs Rape Prevention and ...
- • Research Grants for Preventing Violence and Violence Related Injury (R01)
- • Firearm Injury Surveillance Through Emergency Rooms (FASTER)
- • Preventing Adverse Childhood Experiences Data to Action
- • Collaborative Efforts to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
- • Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliances (DELTA) Program
- • Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2