District Orphans and Vulnerable Children Systems Strengthening (DOSS) program
The summary for the District Orphans and Vulnerable Children Systems Strengthening (DOSS) program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Zambia USAID Lusaka, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
District Orphans and Vulnerable Children Systems Strengthening (DOSS) program: The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission to Lusaka, Zambia is seeking applications restricted to qualified local organizations for funding a five-year program to support the Government of the Republic of Zambia's (GRZ) goal of improving the quality of OVC services with strengthened systems and policy framework for coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. The objective of the DOSS project is to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of OVC services at the district and community level. The project will focus on: improving and strengthening existing community structures, such as the OVC committees, public welfare assistance committees, and community welfare assistance committees (CWACs), resident development committees (RDCs), and neighborhood health committees; promoting good governance, integration, linkages, and collaboration among the different committees; and improving referrals. The DOSS project is expected to collaborate with two other systems strengthening projects: Zambia OVC Management Information System (ZOMIS) and Zambia OVC System Strengthening (ZOVSS).
|Federal Grant Title:||District Orphans and Vulnerable Children Systems Strengthening (DOSS) program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Zambia USAID Lusaka|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SOL-611-12-000007|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 07, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 12, 2012|
|Creation Date:||May 25, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jul 07, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is limited to locally registered Zambian organizations, for-profit, non-profit and faith-based organizations.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Abdullah Akbar Contracting Officer Phone 260211357433
U.S Government [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Zambia USAID Lusaka
- • Service Delivery for Vulnerable Children and Adolescents (SDVCA)
- • Draft Program Description for the Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activi...
- • Notice of Stakeholders Meeting on USAID/PEPFAR Strategic Plan for Strengthening Indigenous...
- • USAID/Zambia Solar Technologies Training