Drug Abuse Aspects of HIV/AIDS (R03)
The summary for the Drug Abuse Aspects of HIV/AIDS (R03) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Drug Abuse Aspects of HIV/AIDS (R03): Purpose. The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (R03) from the National Institute on Drug Abuse is to encourage small drug abuse research projects to address the changing dynamics of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the U.S., such as the increasing over-representation of minorities and women among new AIDS cases and role of heterosexual sex as a transmission route. Studies are needed to develop novel preventive interventions that more effectively address the evolving epidemic. Internationally, studies are needed on how to translate and adapt interventions that have proved effective in the U.S. to other communities and international settings and to learn from other conditions and cultures to inform our understanding of the causes, consequences, and differences in HIV-associated risks, morbidity, and mortality in diverse populations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Drug Abuse Aspects of HIV/AIDS (R03)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-308|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jan 17, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jan 17, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- City or township governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) State governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Small businesses County governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education Special district governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Single Cell Opioid Responses in the Context of HIV (SCORCH) Program: Data Coordination, An...
- • Targeting Inflammasomes in Substance Abuse and HIV (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Research Networks for the Study of Recovery Support Services for Persons Treated with Medi...
- • The Rat Opioid Genome Project: Clinical Trials not Allowed (U01- Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • The National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network (UG1 Clinical Trial Required)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...