Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants
The summary for the Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families OPRE, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants: The Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE) of the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) is soliciting applications for the Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants to support dissertation research by advanced graduate students who are working in partnership with Head Start programs and with faculty mentors. Competitive applicants will 1) demonstrate a collaborative partnership with their program partners, and 2) pursue research questions that directly inform local, state, or federal policy relevant to multiple early care and education practices. Applicants should consider pursuing data collection across contexts, including child care, pre-k, home-visiting programs, Head Start, Early Head Start, and/or others. Applicants are expected to demonstrate an established partnership with their early care and education program partners that should be apparent throughout the research plan, from development and refinement of the research questions through the proposed data collection, interpretation, and dissemination. For more information about OPRE, please go to http://www.acf.hhs.gov/opre. For further information about previous Head Start Graduate Student Research Grantees, please refer to http://www. acf.hhs.gov/opre/research /project/ head-start -graduate-student-research-program. The *EXPIRED* Funding Opportunity Announcement for the prior Fiscal Year can be reviewed at https:// ami.grantsolutions.gov /index.cfm?switch=foa&fon=HHS -2014-ACF-OPRE-YR- 0785. Awards are dependent on the availability of funds and the best interest of the federal government.
|Federal Grant Title:||Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families OPRE (HHS-ACF-OPRE)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2017-ACF-OPRE-YR-1219|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 12th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 12th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||April 12th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||April 12th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||July 12th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 12th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is open to public or private entities.The faculty mentor who will serve as principal investigator must have a Ph.D. or equivalent in the respective field and conduct research as a primary professional responsibility. Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Desk
ACF Applications Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • American Indian/Alaska Native Head Start Grantee -- Peach Springs, Arizona
- • American Indian/Alaska Native Head Start Grantee -- Polk County, Texas
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- Iredell County, North Carolina
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- Essex, Lancaster, Northumberland, Richmond a...
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- The City of Winchester, and Clarke and Frede...
- • Head Start University Partnership Research Grants: Strategies for Developing Teacher Effec...
- • Head Start Replacement Grantee(s): Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lee, Poi...
- • Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families OPRE
- • Family Self-Sufficiency and Stability Research Scholars Network
- • Secondary Analyses of Strengthening Families Datasets
- • Career Pathways Secondary Data Analysis Grants
- • Human Services Interoperability Innovations
- • Family Strengthening Scholars