Early Childhood Educator Professional Development Program CFDA 84.349A
The summary for the Early Childhood Educator Professional Development Program CFDA 84.349A grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Early Childhood Educator Professional Development Program CFDA 84.349A: .Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the ECEPD program is to enhance the school readiness of young children, particularly disadvantaged young children, and to prevent them from encountering difficulties once they enter school, by improving the knowledge and skills of early childhood educators who work in communities that have high concentrations of children living in poverty. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.349A. Applications for grants under the ECEPD program, CFDA 84.349A must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at: http://www.grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the ECEPD program at: http://www.grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.349 not 84.349A). The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726.
|Federal Grant Title:||Early Childhood Educator Professional Development Program CFDA 84.349A|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-022107-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Early Childhood Educator Professional Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 20, 2007 Applications Available: February 20,|
|Posted Date:||Feb 21, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Feb 21, 2007|
|Archive Date:||May 20, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$14,330,765|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: A partnership that has not previously received an Early Childhood Educator Professional Development (ECEPD) Program grant and that consists of at least one entity from each of the following categories: (i) One or more institutions of higher education (IHEs), or other public or private entities (including faith-based organizations), that provide professional development for early childhood educators who work with children from low-income families in high-need communities. (ii) One or more public agencies (including local educational agencies (LEAs), State educational agencies (SEAs), State human services agencies, and State and local agencies administering programs under the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 1990), Head Start agencies, or private organizations (including faith-based organizations). (iii) If feasible, an entity with demonstrated experience in providing training to educators in early childhood education programs concerning identifying and preventing behavior problems or working with children identified as or suspected to be victims of abuse. This entity may be one of the partners described in paragraphs (i) and (ii) under Eligible Applicants. A partnership may apply for these funds only if one of the partners currently provides professional development for early childhood educators working in programs located in high-need communities with children from low-income families.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 3C-122
Washington, DC 20202
- Similar Government Grants
- • Early Childhood Educator Professional Development Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...