Early Reading First Program CFDA 84.359A/B Reopening Pre-Application Period
The summary for the Early Reading First Program CFDA 84.359A/B Reopening Pre-Application Period grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Early Reading First Program CFDA 84.359A/B Reopening Pre-Application Period: .Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Early Reading First Program; Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for Fiscal Year (FY) 2007. Early Reading First Program; Notice Reopening the Deadline Date for Transmittal of Pre-Applications for Fiscal Year (FY) 2007. Purpose of Program: This program supports local efforts to enhance the oral language, cognitive, and early reading skills of preschool age children especially those from low-income families, through strategies, materials, and professional development that are grounded in scientifically based reading research. The specific activities for which recipients must use grant funds are identified in the program statute, which is included in the application package. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Numbers: 84.359A and 84.359B. Pre- and full applications for grants under the Early Reading First program, CFDA Number 84.359A (pre-application) and CFDA Number 84.359B (full application) must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at http://www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your pre- or full application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the Early Reading First program at Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program or competition by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.359, not 84.359A). The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726.
|Federal Grant Title:||Early Reading First Program CFDA 84.359A/B Reopening Pre-Application Period|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-030707-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Early Reading First|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 29, 2007 Dates: Applications Available: Janua|
|Posted Date:||Mar 07, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Mar 07, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jun 28, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$102,087,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||23|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Under this competition, eligible applicants are (a) one or more local educational agencies (LEAs) that are eligible to receive a subgrant under the Reading First program (Title I, Part B, Subpart 1 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA)); (b) one or more public or private organizations or agencies (including faith-based organizations) located in a community served by an eligible LEA; or (c) one or more eligible LEAs, applying in collaboration with one or more eligible organizations or agencies. To qualify under paragraph (b) of this definition, the organization's or agency's application must be on behalf of one or more programs that serve preschool age children (such as a Head Start program, a child care program, or a family literacy program such as Even Start, or a lab school at a university), unless the organization or agency itself operates a preschool program. A list of eligible LEAs that qualify under paragraph (a) of this definition for this FY 2007 competition will be posted on the Early Reading First Web site at http://www.ed.gov/programs/earlyreading/index.html. If a State changes its Reading First program eligibility list after the date of publication of this notice, those changes will not affect an LEA's eligibility for the purpose of this FY 2007 Early Reading First program competition.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 3C136 Washington,
- Similar Government Grants
- • Early Reading First Program CFDA 84.359A and 84.359B
- • Early Reading First Program CFDA Numbers 84.359A and 84.359B
- • Early Reading First -- Full Application CFDA 84.359B
- • Early Reading First
- • Early Reading First Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...