Economic Prospects for Armenia-Turkey Normalization
The summary for the Economic Prospects for Armenia-Turkey Normalization grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Armenia USAID Yerevan, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Economic Prospects for Armenia-Turkey Normalization: The primary objective of activities under this APS is to increase mutually beneficial economic partnerships and linkages between Armenian and Turkish organizations to promote longer-term economic development and Armenia-Turkey reconciliation. The APS allows for a range of ideas, focusing on various mutually-beneficial partnership opportunities and economic prospects to foster Armenia-Turkey reconciliation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Economic Prospects for Armenia-Turkey Normalization|
|Federal Agency Name:||Armenia USAID Yerevan|
|Grant Categories:||Business and Commerce Community Development Information and Statistics Regional Development Science and Technology Transportation|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||APS-111-13-000001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 15, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 15, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Feb 01, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Feb 22, 2013|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||7|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Potential partners include Armenian registered organizations owned and operated by Armenians, such as private businesses, business and trade organizations, think-tanks, business-oriented NGOs and private for-profit companies willing to forego profit. Potential local private for-profit applicants should note that the payment of fee/profit to the prime recipient under grants and cooperative agreements is not allowed. Only those applications that identify agreed upon partnerships with Turkish counterpart organizations will be eligible for award. To be considered eligible to apply under this APS, the prime applicant must satisfy all conditions below: - Be organized under Armenian laws; - Have its principal place of business in the Armenia; - Be majority owned by individuals who are Armenian citizens or lawful permanent residents of the Armenia or be managed by a governing body, the majority of whom are Armenian citizens or lawful permanent residents of the Armenia and; - Not be controlled by a foreign entity or by an individual or individuals who are not citizens or permanent residents of the Armenia. The term "controlled by" means a majority ownership or beneficiary interest as defined above , or the power, either directly or indirectly, whether exercised or exercisable, to control the election, appointment, or tenure of the organization's managers or a majority of the organization's governing body by any means, e.g., ownership, contract, or operation of law. "Foreign entity" means an organization that fails to meet any part of the "local organization" definition. Government controlled and government owned organizations in which the recipient government owns a majority interest or in which the majority of a governing body are government employees, are included in the above definition of local organization. USAID will not accept applications from individuals. In addition, applications proposing partnerships with the following categories are particularly encouraged: ● Women entrepreneurs and/or women-led groups. ● Non-traditional partners, such as Diaspora groups and actors outside Yerevan and Istanbul/Ankara. Applicants selected for funding that are first-time recipients of USAID funds, may have to undergo pre-award financial and management reviews.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Narine Sarkisian Acquisition Specialist Phone 37410494364
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Armenia USAID Yerevan
- • Living Independently and Be Included in the Community (LIBC)
- • Armenia Rural Economic Development - New Economic Opportunities (RED-NEO)
- • Media Enabling Democracy, Inclusion and Accountability in Moldova (MEDIA-M)
- • USAID/Armenia Advanced Civil Society for Accountable Governance Program, Draft Program Des...
- • Participatory Utilization and Resource Efficiency of Water (PURE-Water) Activity