Education and Health: New Frontiers (R21)
The summary for the Education and Health: New Frontiers (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Education and Health: New Frontiers (R21): The goal of this funding opportunity announcement is to support research that will further elucidate the pathways involved in the relationship between education and health outcomes and in doing so to carefully identify the specific aspects and qualities of education that are responsible for this relationship and what the mediating factors are that affect the nature of the causal relationship.
|Federal Grant Title:||Education and Health: New Frontiers (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-16-078|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.279, 93.399, 93.865, 93.866|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs; Cancer Control; Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research; Aging Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 7, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 7, 2019|
|Posted Date:||Jan 12, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jan 12, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Feb 7, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Special district governments
Private institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
City or township governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Please see announcement for full details.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- eRA Service Desk
Monday to Friday 7 am to 8 pm ET
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...