English Access Microscholarship Program
The summary for the English Access Microscholarship Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
English Access Microscholarship Program: The Office of English Language Programs announces an open competition for the administration of the English Access Microscholarship Program (Access Program), which provides a foundation of English language skills to bright 14- to 18-year-olds from disadvantaged sectors overseas through in-country after school classes and intensive summer learning activities. The microscholarships fund incountry study for classes close to the students' homes. The Cooperative Agreement recipient's role is to disburse funds to in-country educational service providers selected by U.S. Embassies. These funds will support in-country educational service providers' activities such as English language programming for Access students and in-service teacher training for Access directors and teachers. In addition, the recipient will provide at least two U.S. summer workshops, one for selected Access Program directors and teachers and the other for selected Access students. In addition to providing quality instruction in the English language to Access students and the latest methodology to Access directors and teachers, workshops must include content that gives the participants insights into, and an appreciation for, U.S. culture and democratic values.
|Federal Grant Title:||English Access Microscholarship Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ECA-A-L-09-02|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Not Elsewhere Classified|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 15, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 15, 2009|
|Posted Date:||May 01, 2009|
|Creation Date:||May 01, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jun 16, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$19,289,970|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$19,289,970|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- Please see full announcement.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Please see full announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Hans Posey Program Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • CreateAdobeSYN
- • TEST-OPPORTUNITY
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do not submit
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do Not Submit!
- • Opportunity Notice for Partners to Assist NETL in Adapting CCSI Tool Set
- More Grants from the Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- • AFCP 2020 Large Grants Program
- • FY 2020 Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program (SEAYLP)
- • AFCP 2020 Small Grants Competition
- • FY2020 National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y)
- • FY 2020 Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars