Enhancing Disease Detection in Newborns: Building Capacity in Public Health Laboratories
The summary for the Enhancing Disease Detection in Newborns: Building Capacity in Public Health Laboratories grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCEH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Enhancing Disease Detection in Newborns: Building Capacity in Public Health Laboratories: This NOFO will increase the capacity and capability of state and territorial newborn screening laboratories to test for newborn screening conditions as recommended by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children (ACHDNC), and those that might be added to individual state panels by state-level advisory committees or state legislatures. Early detection of these conditions, whose symptoms are not clinically observable at birth, save thousands of infants and children from disability and death through early detection and treatment. With this 2-year funding opportunity, CDC intends to support up to 8 state or territorial newborn screening laboratories to add HHS ACHDNC-recommended newborn screening conditions to their newborn screening panel. CDC intends to work collaboratively with recipients to enhance state and territorial newborn screening laboratory capability to implement these and future HHS ACHDNC -recommended newborn screening conditions. CDC also intends to work collaboratively with recipients to improve the quality of newborn screening testing in the U.S., in part through data harmonization efforts. This funding will result in a greater number of newborns that are appropriately screened, identified, and referred for treatment for condition detected through state newborn dried blood spot screening.
|Federal Grant Title:||Enhancing Disease Detection in Newborns: Building Capacity in Public Health Laboratories|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCEH (HHS-CDC-NCEH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-EH22-2201|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 11th, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 11th, 2022|
|Posted Date:||March 9th, 2022|
|Creation Date:||March 9th, 2022|
|Archive Date:||June 10th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:||$8,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 10th, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Cynthia F. Hinton, PhD
- Similar Government Grants
- • Newborn Screening New Condition Implementation: Capacity Building and Quality Improvement ...
- • Increasing Newborn Screening Laboratory Capability to Detect Severe Combined Immunodeficie...
- • Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID)
- • APHL-CDC Partnership for Quality Lab Practice
- • Program to Support New Implementation of State or Territorial Public Health Laboratory Cap...
- • Program to Expand State or Territorial Public Health Laboratory Capacity for Newborn Blood...
- • Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL)
- • Aphl-Cdc Partnership for Quality Laboratory Medicine
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCEH
- • Radiation protection of workers and the public by state and local radiation control progra...
- • Modernizing Environmental Public Health Tracking to Advance Environmental Health Surveilla...
- • Strengthening environmental health capacity (EHC) to detect, prevent, and control environm...
- • Lead Exposure Registry of Flint Residents - Michigan
- • Enhancing Innovation and Capabilities of the Environmental Public Health Tracking Network;...