Ensuring Research Integrity - Research, Development, and Demonstration
The summary for the Ensuring Research Integrity - Research, Development, and Demonstration grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Ensuring Research Integrity - Research, Development, and Demonstration: The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) announces the anticipated availability of funds for Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 grant awards under the authority of Sec. 301 of the Public Health Service Act, 42 U.S.C. § 241. ORI seeks projects that will: 1) conduct research, on one of the four focus areas identified below, related to ensuring research integrity and compliance with 42 C.F.R. Part 93; 2) develop innovative approaches/tools/resources based on the results of this research; and 3) demonstrate the impact and/or effectiveness of these approaches/tools/resources. The purpose of this initiative is to provide assistance to recipients to promote the integrity and reliability of PHS-funded research through the development and implementation of innovative practical approaches/tools/resources that improve practices related to one of the following four focus areas: 1) transparency in the reporting of research; 2) effective communication between authors/collaborators for the purpose of avoiding, mitigating, and resolving authorship/collaborator disputes and/or issues related to the integrity of the research (e.g. conflicts of interest, research integrity, rigor, reproducibility, transparency, reliability); 3) handling allegations of research misconduct under 42 C.F.R. Part 93; or 4) interventions to address issues related to research culture and climate (e.g., ultra-competitive environments, toxic workplaces, bullying, harassment, etc.) that can negatively impact the integrity, conduct, quality, and reliability of research. ORI expects that approaches/tools/resources developed through this funding opportunity will be disseminated to and made freely available for use by the PHS-funded research community. This funding opportunity does not support projects with the primary purpose of holding meetings, conferences, or workshops (see opportunity IR-ORI-23-002). ORI anticipates making awards of between $75,000 and $150,000 in total federal share (direct plus indirect) per year, for a project period not to exceed two years (two 12-month budget periods). Recipients will be required to submit a non-competing application for any budget period after the first. (Budget periods are typically 12 months). Continuation award funding will be contingent upon availability of funding, satisfactory performance (including awardee progress towards meeting stated project milestones goals, timely submission of required reports, and compliance with all grant terms and conditions), and the best interests of the government.
|Federal Grant Title:||Ensuring Research Integrity - Research, Development, and Demonstration|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (HHS-OPHS)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||IR-ORI-23-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 10th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 10th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||March 1st, 2023|
|Creation Date:||March 1st, 2023|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$450,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 1st, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- William Campbell, Office of Research Integrity
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ensuring Research Integrity - Conferences
- • Research on Research Integrity Conferences
- • Considerations, Options, and Resources for Data Management in PHS Funded Research
- • Announcement of the Availability of Funds for Research Integrity Program Development and E...
- • Announcement of the Availability of Funds for Office of Research Integrity (ORI) Extramura...
- • Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Research on Research Integrity
- • FY15 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Phase I Research on Researc...
- More Grants from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- • Teen Pregnancy Prevention Tier 2 Adolescent Sexual Health Innovation Hubs
- • Teen Pregnancy Prevention Tier 2 Rigorous Evaluation Cooperative Agreements
- • Ensuring Research Integrity - Conferences
- • Advancing Equity in Adolescent Health through Evidence-Based Teen Pregnancy Prevention Pro...
- • Teenage Pregnancy Prevention Evaluation and Research Grants