Environmental Literacy Grants for Informal/Nonformal Science Educatio
The summary for the Environmental Literacy Grants for Informal/Nonformal Science Educatio grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Environmental Literacy Grants for Informal/Nonformal Science Educatio: The goal of this funding opportunity is to support projects that engage the public in educational activities that utilize emerging and/or advanced technologies and leverage NOAA assets to improve understanding, and stewardship of the local and global environment. There is specific interest in projects that use emerging and/or advanced technologies to (1) facilitate outdoor experiences involving scientific inquiry and exploration of the natural world apart from formal K-12 curricula and (2) visualize, display, and interpret data to improve understanding and provide a systems perspective of Earth's dynamic processes. This program has two priorities. Priority 1 is for large-scale projects that occur over a longer duration with regional to national implementation. Priority 2 is for small-scale projects that occur over a shorter duration with local to regional implementation. Funded projects will be between one and five years in duration. This program meets NOAA's Mission Support goal to provide critical support for NOAA's mission. It is anticipated that awards under this announcement will be made by September 30, 2010 and that projects funded under this announcement will have a start date no earlier than October 1, 2010. Note: a PDF version of this announcement is available at ttp://www.oesd.noaa.gov/funding_opps.html.
|Federal Grant Title:||Environmental Literacy Grants for Informal/Nonformal Science Educatio|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-SEC-OED-2010-2002248|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Office of Education (OED)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 06, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 16, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jan 26, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Feb 02, 2010|
|Archive Date:||May 06, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education, other nonprofits, and state, local and Indian tribal governments in the United States. For-profit organizations, K-12 public and independent schools and school systems, foreign institutions, foreign organizations and foreign government agencies are not eligible to apply. For-profit and foreign organizations can be project partners. Federal agencies are not eligible to receive Federal assistance under this announcement, but may be project partners. The Department of Commerce/National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (DOC/NOAA) is strongly committed to increasing the articipation of Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs), i.e., Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic-serving institutions, Tribal colleges and universities, Alaskan Native and Native Hawaiian institutions, and institutions that work in underserved communities. Applications are encouraged that involve any of the above types of institutions. An individual may apply only once as principal investigator (PI) through this funding opportunity. However institutions may submit more than one application and individuals may serve as co-PIs or key personnel on more than one application.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Rosalie Vega Grants Management Specialist Phone 301-713-0922
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Ocean Sciences Competition for High School Students
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • Fiscal Year 2020 NOAA Gulf of Mexico Bay-Watershed Education and Training (B-WET) Program
- • FY2019-FY2018 NOAA New England Bay Watershed Education and Training (New England B-WET) Pr...
- • NOAA Gulf of Mexico NOAA Bay Watershed Education and Training (B-WET) Program
- • Environmental Literacy Grants for Formal K-12 Education
- • Ocean Education Partnership Grants for Professional Development and other Capacity-buildin...
- • Environmental Literacy Grants for Building Capacity of Informal and Formal Educators
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021