Epigenetic Approaches in Cancer Epidemiology (R01)
The summary for the Epigenetic Approaches in Cancer Epidemiology (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Epigenetic Approaches in Cancer Epidemiology (R01): Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), issued by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), encourages research applications that propose to evaluate profiles of methylation, histone modifications and micro RNA (miRNA) and their association with risk of developing cancer in different populations. The overarching goal of this FOA is to provide support for population based studies to define the role of epigenetic markers (methylation, histone and micro RNA profiles) changes to understand cancer etiology. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the research project (R01) grant mechanism, and runs in parallel with a FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-10-032 that encourages applications under the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Epigenetic Approaches in Cancer Epidemiology (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-10-031|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Construction|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Nov 24, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Nov 24, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative and Applied Emerging Technologies in Biospecimen Science (R33)
- • Innovative and Applied Emerging Technologies in Biospecimen Science (R21)
- • Innovative Technology Development for Cancer Research (R21)
- • Application and Use of Transformative Emerging Technologies in Cancer Research (R33)
- • Application and Use of Transformative Emerging Technologies in Cancer Research (R21)
- • Small Grants Program for Cancer Epidemiology (R03)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...