Establishing Usefulness of Light Detection & Ranging (LiDAR) for Silvicultural Modeling (CESU)
The summary for the Establishing Usefulness of Light Detection & Ranging (LiDAR) for Silvicultural Modeling (CESU) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Establishing Usefulness of Light Detection & Ranging (LiDAR) for Silvicultural Modeling (CESU): The primary objective of this project is to develop a process that will generate data that will improve the BLMs current forest management practices. To meet the requirements of their operational mandate, the BLM would like to develop a method that will allow them to respond to this challenge in a timely and effective way. The specific objectives of this project will be to develop a method to extract stand characteristics from LiDAR that can then be put into the ORGANON forest modeling program and used for prioritization of management practices. This will reduce the field and analysis time necessary for the agency staff to obtain meaningful measurements for planning.
|Federal Grant Title:||Establishing Usefulness of Light Detection & Ranging (LiDAR) for Silvicultural Modeling (CESU)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OR-RFA07-0702|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Not Elsewhere Classified|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 13, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Sep 08, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Sep 08, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Oct 13, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This financial assistance opportunity is unrestricted. However, this opportunity is being issued under a Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) program. CESUs are partnerships that provide research, technical assistance, and education. The target for applicants of this award are in the Pacific Northwest CESU program.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamella Sterling
Phone 503-808-6221 email@example.com Establishing Usefulness of Light Detection & Ranging (LiDAR) for Silvicultural Modeling (CESU)
- Similar Government Grants
- • CreateAdobeSYN
- • TEST-OPPORTUNITY
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do not submit
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do Not Submit!
- • Opportunity Notice for Partners to Assist NETL in Adapting CCSI Tool Set
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...