Exploratory Grants for Climate Change and Health Research Center Development (P20 Clinical Trial Optional)
The summary for the Exploratory Grants for Climate Change and Health Research Center Development (P20 Clinical Trial Optional) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Exploratory Grants for Climate Change and Health Research Center Development (P20 Clinical Trial Optional): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to solicit P20 planning grant applications for Climate Change and Health Research Centers (CCHRCs). This program will support the development of a transdisciplinary research environment to sustain a program of fundamental and applied research to examine the impacts of climate change on health and to develop action-oriented solutions to protect the health of individuals, communities, and nations from the hazards posed by climate change. This opportunity will allow development of new research teams collaborating with communities and other partners to develop projects that generate data that will build or expand research capacity across a range of thematic scientific areas in support of the four core tenets of the NIHs Initiative in climate heath research: health effects research, health equity, intervention research, and training and capacity building (https://www.nih.gov/sites/default/files/research-training/initiatives/climate-change/nih-climate-change-framework.pdf).
|Federal Grant Title:||Exploratory Grants for Climate Change and Health Research Center Development (P20 Clinical Trial Optional)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-ES-23-007|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.113, 93.233, 93.242, 93.307, 93.361, 93.837, 93.838, 93.839, 93.840, 93.855, 93.865, 93.989|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 7th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 7th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||March 1st, 2023|
|Creation Date:||March 1st, 2023|
|Archive Date:||December 13th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$850,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 1st, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH Grants Information
See Section VII. Agency Contacts within the full opportunity announcement for all other inquires.
- Similar Government Grants
- • NIH Medical Scientist Partnership Program (FM1 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Diagnostic Centers of Excellence (X01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Maintaining and Enriching Environmental Epidemiology Cohorts to Support Scientific and Wor...
- • Addressing the Impact of Structural Racism and Discrimination on Minority Health and Healt...
- • Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Institutional Research Training...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • NIH Administrative Supplements to Recover Losses due to Hurricanes Fiona and Ian Under the...
- • Biological Testing Facility (X01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Research With Activities Related to Diversity (ReWARD) (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • BRAIN Initiative: New Technologies and Novel Approaches for Recording and Modulation in th...
- • BRAIN Initiative: Optimization of Instrumentation and Device Technologies for Recording an...