Extinction and Pharmacotherapies for Drug Addiction (R03)
The summary for the Extinction and Pharmacotherapies for Drug Addiction (R03) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Extinction and Pharmacotherapies for Drug Addiction (R03): -Purpose. The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to stimulate animal or human research on mechanisms underlying extinction in order to guide the development of interventions for enhancing extinction of drug-seeking behavior. It is expected that research supported under this FOA will ultimately be used to guide and implement combined behavioral/cognitive and pharmacological/molecular interventions for the treatment of drug abuse relapse. -Mechanism of Support. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will utilize the R03 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with a FOA of identical scientific scope, RFA-DA-08-024, that solicits applications under the Research Project Grant (R01) grant mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. It is anticipated that $1.5 million in total costs will be awarded to 4-6 applications for this announcement and its companion R01 FOA (DA-08-024).
|Federal Grant Title:||Extinction and Pharmacotherapies for Drug Addiction (R03)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DA-08-025|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 27, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Dec 11, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Dec 11, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Mar 29, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Special district governments County governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities State governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Independent school districts Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) City or township governments Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Single Cell Opioid Responses in the Context of HIV (SCORCH) Program: Data Coordination, An...
- • Targeting Inflammasomes in Substance Abuse and HIV (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Research Networks for the Study of Recovery Support Services for Persons Treated with Medi...
- • The Rat Opioid Genome Project: Clinical Trials not Allowed (U01- Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • The National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network (UG1 Clinical Trial Required)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...