FY 2012 University Center Economic Development Program Competition
The summary for the FY 2012 University Center Economic Development Program Competition grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Economic Development Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2012 University Center Economic Development Program Competition: The purpose of EDA's University Center Economic Development Program is to assist institutions of higher education and consortia of institutions of higher education in establishing and operating University Centers specifically focused on leveraging university assets to build regional economic ecosystems that support high-growth entrepreneurship. Since FY 2004, EDA has administered the University Center program as a competitive multi-year program. EDA holds University Center program competitions in two of its six regional offices on a non-annual basis. In FY 2012, EDA is holding the competition in its Atlanta and Seattle Regional Offices. The Atlanta Regional Office serves: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. The Seattle Regional Office serves: Alaska, Arizona, American Samoa, California, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Republic of Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nevada, Northern Mariana Islands, Oregon, Republic of Palau, and Washington.EDA encourages the submission of applications that will create and nurture regional economic ecosystems through applied research and development, technology commercialization, and targeted activities that cultivate entrepreneurship. University Center applicants should integrate their programs across their institutions in order to leverage multiple programs that support economic development. Applicants should also demonstrate a record of success in fostering higher-skill, higher-wage job creation, as well as the ability to engage the private sector and leverage other sources of financial support.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2012 University Center Economic Development Program Competition|
|Federal Agency Name:||Economic Development Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Other Regional Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EDAFY2012UC|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Economic Development_Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 30, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 30, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Feb 08, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Feb 09, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Feb 28, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- EDA’s mission is to lead the Federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for economic growth and success in the worldwide economy. EDA fulfills this mission through strategic investments and partnerships that create the regional economic ecosystems required to foster globally competitive regions throughout the United States. Regional collaboration is essential for economic recovery and advancement because regions encompass the centers of growth and competition in the new global economy. EDA recognizes that institutions of higher education are critical players in the development of vibrant economic ecosystems. The purpose of EDA’s University Center Economic Development Program is to assist institutions of higher education and consortia of institutions of higher education in establishing and operating University Centers specifically focused on leveraging university assets to build regional economic ecosystems that support high-growth entrepreneurship.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Laura Stierle 202.482.4122 202.482.2881 (fax)
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2022 EDA University Center Competition - ATRO
- • FY 2022 EDA University Center Competition - SRO
- • FY 2021 - 2023 Economic Development RNTA
- • FY 2021 EDA University Center Competition - CRO
- • FY 2021 EDA University Center Competition - PRO
- • Production Finance and Technology Program
- • National Techical Assistance Program
- More Grants from the Economic Development Administration
- • 2023 STEM Talent Challenge
- • FY 2023 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Indigenous Communities Notice of Funding Opportunity
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation Notice of Funding...
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Economic Adjustment Assistance Notice of Funding Opportun...