FY 2013 University Center Economic Development Program Competition
The summary for the FY 2013 University Center Economic Development Program Competition grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Economic Development Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2013 University Center Economic Development Program Competition: This FFO announces the availability of funding for EDA's FY 2013 University Center Economic Development Program Competition. The purpose of EDA's University Center Economic Development Program (also referred to as the University Center program) is to assist institutions of higher education and consortia of institutions of higher education in establishing and operating University Centers specifically focused on leveraging university assets to build regional economic ecosystems that support high-growth entrepreneurship. University Centers collaborate with other EDA partners by providing resources to develop, implement, and support regional strategies that promote job creation, the development of high-skilled regional talent pools, and business expansion in a region's innovation clusters. These resources may include technology commercialization, feasibility studies, market research, economic impact analyses training, and other technical assistance to help communities foster vibrant economic ecosystems. EDA solicits competitive applications from accredited institutions of higher education and from consortia of accredited institutions of higher education that are located in, and have programs targeting, only the following geographic areas in EDA's Austin Region: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas; and in EDA's Denver Region: Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2013 University Center Economic Development Program Competition|
|Federal Agency Name:||Economic Development Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Other Regional Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EDAFY2013UC|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Economic Development_Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 17, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 17, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 18, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Apr 18, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jul 17, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- EDA’s mission is to lead the Federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for economic growth and success in the worldwide economy. EDA fulfills this mission through strategic investments and partnerships that create the regional economic ecosystems required to foster globally competitive regions throughout the United States. Regional collaboration is essential for economic recovery and advancement because regions encompass the centers of growth and competition in the new global economy. EDA recognizes that institutions of higher education are critical players in the development of vibrant economic ecosystems. The purpose of EDA’s University Center Economic Development Program is to assist institutions of higher education and consortia of institutions of higher education in establishing and operating University Centers specifically focused on leveraging university assets to build regional economic ecosystems that support high-growth entrepreneurship.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jessica Falk EDA Austin Regional Office 512-381-8168 firstname.lastname@example.org OR Forlesia Willis EDA Denver Regional Office 303-844-5452 email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2022 EDA University Center Competition - ATRO
- • FY 2022 EDA University Center Competition - SRO
- • FY 2021 - 2023 Economic Development RNTA
- • FY 2021 EDA University Center Competition - CRO
- • FY 2021 EDA University Center Competition - PRO
- • Production Finance and Technology Program
- • National Techical Assistance Program
- More Grants from the Economic Development Administration
- • 2023 STEM Talent Challenge
- • FY 2023 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Indigenous Communities Notice of Funding Opportunity
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation Notice of Funding...
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Economic Adjustment Assistance Notice of Funding Opportun...