FY 2018 Teacher Exchange Program
The summary for the FY 2018 Teacher Exchange Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2018 Teacher Exchange Program: The Office of Global Educational Programs of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), U.S. Department of State, announces an open competition for up to three cooperative agreements to administer a combined total of four components of the Office's Teacher Exchange Program in Fiscal Year 2018. This Notice of Funding Opportunity reinforces the Bureau's engagement with primary and secondary school educators and seeks interested applicant organizations to administer teacher exchange programming for domestic and international teachers. Detailed descriptions of the program components are provided under the Funding Opportunity Description section of this document and in the Project Objectives, Goals, and Implementation (POGI) document associated with this solicitation. Proposals should reflect a vision for all components, interpreting the goals of the Fulbright-Hays Act and the Teacher Exchange Programs with creativity, as well as providing innovative ideas and recommendations. Up to three award recipients may be issued cooperative agreements under the FY 2018 Teacher Exchange Program NOFO. The selected award recipient(s) will be responsible for providing complete programmatic and administrative support for each assigned component including the following broad categories: program planning and management; participant recruitment and placement; orientation and preparation of participants and host/mentor educators; enrichment activities; participant monitoring and support; fiscal management and budgeting; program monitoring and evaluation (including ad hoc program and financial reports as requested by the Teacher Exchange Branch); and alumni programming and follow-on activities. This work will be supervised under the auspices of the Cooperative Agreement(s) by ECA. Should one or more components of the FY 2018 Teacher Exchange Program be awarded to (a) recipient(s) that does/do not currently administer those program components, the new recipient(s) and current administrator(s) of the Teacher Exchange Program's relevant component(s) will be required to collaborate closely to ensure a successful transition. Proposals should include schedules and timelines for notifying ECA, overseas partners, potential applicants and participants of recruitment cycles, placements, travel arrangements and cross-cultural and program information in a timely manner. Programs must comply with J-1 visa regulations and FFSB regulations, as relevant. Teacher exchange participants in the United States and abroad should be identified through open, merit-based competitions.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2018 Teacher Exchange Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs (DOS-ECA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ECA-ECAAS-18-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 22nd, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 22nd, 2017|
|Posted Date:||April 25th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||April 25th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||July 22nd, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,450,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 25th, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- Please see full announcement.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Please see full announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- FY 2018 Teacher Exchange Program
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2019 Teacher Exchange Program Component A: Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching (...
- • The Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) 2018
- • FY 2014 Community College Administrator Program with selected countries
- • FY 2015 Teacher Exchange Program
- • Community College Administrator Program with Indonesia
- • Teacher Exchange Program
- • Community College Faculty and Administrator Program with Indonesia
- More Grants from the Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- • AFCP 2020 Large Grants Program
- • FY 2020 Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program (SEAYLP)
- • AFCP 2020 Small Grants Competition
- • FY2020 National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y)
- • FY 2020 Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars