FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Humanitarian Research
The summary for the FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Humanitarian Research grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Humanitarian Research: FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Humanitarian Research - Call for Full ProposalsPRM supports humanitarian research in order to: 1. promote evidence-based decision making on priority protection, assistance, and durable solution challenges; 2. enhance knowledge and develop guidance and tools to improve the performance of the Bureau and its partners; and 3. disseminate and encourage the use of research findings and recommendations, guidance, and tools by other humanitarian stakeholders. Research is instrumental in helping the Bureau and its partners adapt programs and policy engagement to emerging challenges and priorities, including through the development of tools, operational guidance, and best practices. This announcement is designed to accompany PRM's General NGO Guidelines, which contain additional information on PRM's priorities and NGO funding strategy with which selected organizations must comply. Please use both the General NGO Guidelines and this announcement to ensure that your submission is in full compliance with PRM requirements and that the proposed activities are in line with PRM's priorities. Submissions that do not reflect the requirements outlined in these guidelines will not be considered. Research area Proposals must respond to at least one of the following research questions: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer and Intersex + (LGBTQI+) Persons: -What are best practices for the ethical, safe, and confidential collection, management, and reporting of data on displaced LGBTQI+ persons? - What are the experiences and needs of Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual (LGB) women, trans-men, and intersex persons in situations of displacement and in humanitarian contexts, and what are best practices for reaching and assisting them?- What is the intersectionality between the health (including mental health) needs of LGBTQI+ persons and displacement?- What are best practices for assistance to meet these health needs?
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Humanitarian Research|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration (DOS-PRM)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SFOP0009616|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 29th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 29th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||March 30th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||March 30th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||October 7th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 12th, 2023|
- Category Explanation
- Humanitarian Research
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- a. Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education (U.S.-based NGOs must be able to demonstrate proof of non-profit tax status); b. Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education (overseas-based NGOs must be able to demonstrate proof of registration in country of domicile); c. Public and State controlled institutions of higher education; and d. Private institutions of higher education.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Link to Opportunity at www.state.gov
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Mary Roh
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2022 Request for Concept Notes - Continuity of Humanitarian Operations during the COVID-19...
- • FY 2021 Request for Concept Notes for NGO Programs Preventing, Preparing for, and Respondi...
- • FY 2021 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Global Innovation Programs to Address Gender-bas...
- • FY 2021 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Innovation in Child Protection: Intersectoral Ap...
- • FY 2021 Request for Concept Notes for Humanitarian Research
- • FY 2006 PRM Guidelines for Strategic Global Priorities Projects
- • FY 2006 PRM Guidelines for Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence
- • PRM Programs to Advance Refugee Protection and the Use of Standards and Indicators in Comp...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration
- • FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting refugees, asylum seekers...
- • 2023 Full Proposal NOFO Asia
- • 2023 Egypt NOFO
- • FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefiting Refugees in Eastern and ...
- • FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Proposals for NGO Programs Benefiting Displaced ...