FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Resettlement Support Center (RSC) Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and RSC Turkey and Middle East (TuME)
The summary for the FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Resettlement Support Center (RSC) Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and RSC Turkey and Middle East (TuME) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Resettlement Support Center (RSC) Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and RSC Turkey and Middle East (TuME): The admissions process for refugee applicants seeking resettlement in the United States is overseen by the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (the Bureau). The purpose of RSCs is to assist the Bureau in preparing the necessary casework for persons in selected locations who will be interviewed by the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in support of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP). For those persons approved by USCIS, the RSC provides assistance in completing the additional requirements for refugee admission. These requirements include, but are not limited to, ensuring the required security checks are requested, completing a medical exam, and attending cultural orientation. In addition, the RSC collects and maintains data to facilitate the services provided to refugees by U.S.-based resettlement agencies. The Bureau will make one award each for RSC MENA (based in Amman, Jordan) and RSC TuME (based in Istanbul, Turkey) for an initial period beginning October 1, 2022, through September 30, 2023, subject to availability of funds. With this award, the Bureau will provide full financial support to the selected organization, based on the proposal submitted in response to this funding opportunity. Each of the two awards will have the possibility of being extended for two additional fiscal years through September 30, 2025.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Resettlement Support Center (RSC) Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and RSC Turkey and Middle East (TuME)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration (DOS-PRM)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SFOP0008932|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 8th, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 8th, 2022|
|Posted Date:||May 2nd, 2022|
|Creation Date:||May 2nd, 2022|
|Archive Date:||October 15th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 19th, 2022|
- Category Explanation
- Overseas Refugee Assistance
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- International Organizations. International multilateral organizations, such as United Nations agencies, should not submit proposals through Grants.gov in response to this Notice of Funding Opportunity announcement. Multilateral organizations that are seeking funding for programs relevant to this announcement should contact the PRM Program Officer (as listed below) on or before the closing date of the funding announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Link to Opportunity at www.state.gov
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Caroline Holdren
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2023 Request for Concept Notes on Capacity Development and Strengthening of Domestic Re...
- • FY 2023 Request for Concept Notes for Operational Partners on the Private Sponsorship of R...
- • FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Reception and Placement Program
- • FY 2022 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Technical Support to Central American Minors (CA...
- • FY 2022 Request for Concept Notes for NGO Programs to Refer Eligible Refugees to the U.S. ...
- • FY 2007 Reception and Placement Program
- • FY 2008 Reception and Placement Program
- • Opportunity PRMA-09-CA-001-DOM-061608
- More Grants from the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration
- • FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting refugees, asylum seekers...
- • FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Humanitarian Research
- • 2023 Full Proposal NOFO Asia
- • 2023 Egypt NOFO
- • FY 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefiting Refugees in Eastern and ...