FY 2023 U.S. Speaker Program
The summary for the FY 2023 U.S. Speaker Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2023 U.S. Speaker Program: The U.S. Department of State's Bureau Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) announces an open competition to support the Office of U.S. Speaker Program. U.S. public and private non-profit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 U.S.C. 501 (c)(3) may submit proposals to provide administrative and programmatic support for the U.S. Speaker Program. Through this cooperative agreement, ECA plans to support approximately 700 programs annually engaging all regions of the world.For over 40 years, the Office of the U.S. Speaker Program has built lasting and sustained relations with U.S. citizen experts and foreign interlocutors that serve the American people. To accomplish this goal, the U.S. Speaker Program recruits dynamic American experts for in-person and/or virtual exchanges. All U.S. speakers are U.S. citizens. Through the Program, diverse American professionals establish and sustain linkages with foreign audiences and institutions, which directly contribute to economic and educational opportunities in the United States and around the world. The U.S. Speaker Program works with U.S. embassies and consulates to produce impactful traveling programs ranging from three days to three weeks in length and virtual programs, which can take place on a single specified date and time and may be part of a continuing series. Programmatic formats include lectures, workshops, seminars, and training series. Only one proposal will be considered by ECA from each applicant organization. In cases where more than one submission from an applicant appears in grants.gov, ECA will only consider the submission made closest in time to the NOFO deadline; that submission would constitute the one and only proposal ECA would review from that applicant. Please see the full announcement for additional information.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2023 U.S. Speaker Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs (DOS-ECA)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SFOP0009567|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 22nd, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 22nd, 2023|
|Posted Date:||March 24th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||March 24th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||June 21st, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,809,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 24th, 2023|
- Category Explanation
- Please see full announcement.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Please see full announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Organizational Funding Opportunities
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Hans Posey
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2020 Office of the U.S. Speaker Program
- More Grants from the Bureau Of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- • FY 2023 American Spaces Digital Literacy and Training Program
- • FY 2023 Digital Connections Program
- • FY2023 Creative Arts Exchange
- • FY 2023 United States South Pacific Scholarship Program and FY 2023 United States Timor-Le...
- • FY 2023 Community Engagement Exchange Program