FY09 Health Care Provider Response to Violence Against Women - Education, Training and Technical Assistance Program
The summary for the FY09 Health Care Provider Response to Violence Against Women - Education, Training and Technical Assistance Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY09 Health Care Provider Response to Violence Against Women - Education, Training and Technical Assistance Program: This is not a formal request for applications. Assistance will be provided only to FVPF upon receipt of a satisfactory application. The mission of the Office on Women=s Health (OWH) is to provide leadership in promoting the health equity for women and girls through sex/gender-specific approaches. The Department of Health and Human Services has identified violence prevention as a major goal for Healthy People 2010 (HP2010) and it is expected to be an area of interest for Healthy People 2020 (HP2020). Further efforts are needed to ensure that all aspects of the health care system respond appropriately to women and girls who are victims of domestic violence and/or abuse, and OWH recognizes that additional technical expertise and funds are essential to improve the health care team response to domestic violence. Preliminary work with Administration for Children and Families (ACF), including the Family Violence Services Act Program?s (FVPSA) National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence, a project of the Family Violence Prevention Fund (FVPF), has highlighted the need for collaborative domestic violence prevention and treatment. FVPF is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to domestic violence education and prevention.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY09 Health Care Provider Response to Violence Against Women - Education, Training and Technical Assistance Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||WH-AST-09-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Advancing System Improvements to Support Targets for Healthy People 2010 (ASIST2010)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 24, 2009 No E|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 24, 2009 Refer|
|Posted Date:||Aug 03, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 21, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Sep 23, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726 Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Timesupport@grants.gov Grants.gov Customer Support [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Preventing HIV Infection in Women through Expanded Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Prevent...
- • FY17 Prevention of Opioid Misuse in Women: Office on Women Health Prevention Awards (OWHPA...
- • FY15 College Sexual Assault Policy and Prevention Initiative
- • FY15 The IPV Provider Network: Engaging the Health Care Provider Response to Interpersonal...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for the Female Genital Cutting (FGC) Community-Cente...
- • Advancing System Improvements to Support Targets for Healthy People 2010 (ASIST2010)
- • FY10 The Young Women s HIV/STD Mobilization Project: Moving Beyond the Messaging
- • FY10 Leading Ladies Promoting Healthy Lifestyles and Healthy Families: An HIV/AIDS Awarene...
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project