FY13 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Integrating Routine HIV Testing and Linkage to HIV Care and Treatment in Family PlanningServices Grants Region 1
The summary for the FY13 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Integrating Routine HIV Testing and Linkage to HIV Care and Treatment in Family PlanningServices Grants Region 1 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY13 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Integrating Routine HIV Testing and Linkage to HIV Care and Treatment in Family PlanningServices Grants Region 1: This notice announces the anticipated availability of funds from the Secretary?s Minority AIDSInitiative Fund (SMAIF) and Title X appropriations to support grants for Title X family planningservices projects to provide high impact HIV prevention integrated with Title X family planningservices. Fiscal Year 2013 will be the first year of a grant project period of up to three years. Thegoals of the OPA-supported HIV prevention projects are to: (1) provide high impact HIV4prevention services, which include opt-out HIV testing, linkage of HIV positive clients to careand treatment, and for at-risk clients, behavioral interventions through counseling sessions,condom distribution, and STI screening and treatment (2) increase effective linkage partnershipsbetween Title X family planning sites and other community-based organizations that providecare and treatment services; and (3) provide training focused on the provision of high impactHIV prevention services in order to build staff capacity. Priority for funding will be given to sitesin areas with high HIV prevalence and high numbers of at-risk clients.Successful applications will include documentation that reflects characteristics of servicesite(s) for which funding is requested, including whether a racial/ethnic minority population,demonstrated to be at high risk of HIV infection, comprises a significant proportion of the totalpopulation (>50%); the degree to which site(s) serve individuals, populations, or areas withdocumented need for HIV prevention services beyond basic HIV prevention education; and thedegree to which there are documented high or increasing rates of HIV, AIDS, and/or STIs withinthe service site target area. The facility should have an HIV prevalence rate at or above 0.1%,and optimally, a newly diagnosed (i.e., previously unaware of infection) HIV prevalence rate of>0.1%.This funding announcement includes two related components: 1) Part A ? ?IntegratingRoutine HIV Testing and Linkage to HIV Care and Treatment in Title X Family PlanningService Sites? and 2) Part B ? ?Enhanced, Bi-directional Linkage Services between Title XFamily Planning Service Sites and Ryan White-funded HIV medical service sites.? In order toreceive funding under this announcement, applicants must apply for Part A or may apply for bothParts A and B. There are distinct requirements for both parts. For each project proposal withinthe application, the applicant must specify whether they are applying for Part A only or for Parts5A and B. In order to be considered for Part B, the project must be approved and funded for PartA. Each Title X service grantee may submit one application, but that application may includeproposals for multiple project sites.Successful applicants for Part B will be required to closely collaborate with a RyanWhite-funded HIV medical service site that is either co-located with the Title X site, or has anestablished, collaborative relationship with the Title X service site that is funded under Part A ofthis announcement. Up to ten (10) enhanced linkage sites will be funded under the Part Bcomponent. Part B applicants must provide documented evidence of: 1) co-location with a RyanWhite-funded HIV medical service site; or 2) a current, established collaboration with one ormore Ryan White-funded HIV medical service sites. Regardless of whether the Ryan WhitefundedHIV medical service site and family planning site are co-located, they must have anestablished collaborative relationship, and the application must include evidence of agreement tocollaborate on this project.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY13 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Integrating Routine HIV Testing and Linkage to HIV Care and Treatment in Family PlanningServices Grants Region 1|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-FPH-13-029|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Family Planning_Services|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 10, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 10, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Mar 29, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Apr 03, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jun 09, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,010,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||85|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any Title X family planning service grantee funded as of June 30, 2013 is eligible to apply. Sub-recipient agencies seeking funds for the activities supported under this announcement must apply through the Title X grantee.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726 Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays. firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants.gov Customer Support [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Title X Family Planning Services Grants
- • FY 2018 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Family Planning Services Gra...
- • Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Family Planning Services Grants (Gua...
- • Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Family Planning Services Grants (Nav...
- • Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Family Planning Services Grants (Haw...
- • 2006 Family Planning Services (Region 3 - Delaware)
- • 2006 Family Planning Services (Region 3 - Pittsburgh, PA and Wilkes Barre, PA)
- • 2006 Family Planning Services (Region 4 - Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina)
- More Grants from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- • Availability of funds for Title X Family Planning- Innovations in Family Planning Clinical...
- • Preventing HIV Infection in Women through Expanded Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Prevent...
- • Youth Engagement in Sports: Collaboration to Improve Adolescent Physical Activity and Nutr...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Adoption/Donation Services and Public Awa...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Data Analysis and Trends Research Grants