FY13 Disability Funding
The summary for the FY13 Disability Funding grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Zambia USAID Lusaka, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY13 Disability Funding: USAID/Zambia is accepting concept papers outlining potential activities to increase participation of people with disabilities in USAID/Zambia projects and activities and to strengthen the capacities of disabled peoples organizations (DPOs).Funds should be used to support programs and activities to increase the participation of people with disabilities within the strategies and portfolios of USAID/Zambia and to strengthen the capacity and services of civil society organizations run by and for people with disabilities; herein referred to as Disabled Peoples Organizations (DPOs). Program areas could include, but are not limited to: agriculture and food security; democracy, human rights & governance; economic growth and trade; education; environment and global climate change; sports; gender equality and womens empowerment; and science, technology and innovation, among others. Capacity building programs for DPOs may include organizational capacity, advocacy efforts, cross-disability coalition building, coordination, and leadership and training.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY13 Disability Funding|
|Federal Agency Name:||Zambia USAID Lusaka|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-611-14-000002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement, Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 16, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 16, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Dec 19, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Dec 20, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Feb 15, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- USAID/Zambia seeks concept papers outlining potential activities to increase participation of people with disabilities in USAID activities and to strengthen the capacities of disabled people's organizations (DPOs).
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications should be from qualified U.S. or non-U.S. entities, such as private, non-profit organizations (or for-profit companies willing to forego profits), including private voluntary organizations, universities, research organizations, professional associations, and relevant special interest associations. PIOs are not eligible to apply for funding under this program and USAID will not accept applications from individuals.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Charles Nyanoka
If you have problems accessing the full announcement electronically please contact Charles Nyanoka
Zambia USAID-Lusaka YOUR NUMBER
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Zambia USAID Lusaka
- • Service Delivery for Vulnerable Children and Adolescents (SDVCA)
- • Draft Program Description for the Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activi...
- • Notice of Stakeholders Meeting on USAID/PEPFAR Strategic Plan for Strengthening Indigenous...
- • USAID/Zambia Solar Technologies Training