FY17 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Phase II Research on Research Integrity
The summary for the FY17 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Phase II Research on Research Integrity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY17 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Phase II Research on Research Integrity: The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to foster innovative approaches to empirical research on societal, organizational, group, and individual factors that affect, both positively and negatively, integrity in research and to develop tools for detecting research misconduct. Integrity is defined as the use of honest and verifiable methods in proposing, performing, and evaluating research and reporting research results with particular attention to adherence to rules, regulations, guidelines, and commonly accepted professional codes or norms. Background ORI research on research misconduct and research integrity has been funded over the years with the goal of providing the evidence base for ORI to create or modify educational programs to encourage the responsible conduct of research (RCR). As a result of a review of that research and research priorities in 2014, ORI issued a new announcement for 2015 to change the direction of ORI-funded research, from a descriptive and educational focus to one that is designed explicitly to address the following: (a) identify risk factors that make misconduct more likely; (b) create an evidence base for proactive interventions; and, (c) build on lessons learned through previous research and the experiences of those who have been involved in guiding research misconduct proceedings. In 2016, an additional goal was added: to support the development of tools that can be used to more easily identify research misconduct in images and statistical results. The research will be reviewed and funded in a two-phase process. For the first phase, ORI is seeking small-scale, developmental research projects that must have the following characteristics: The research is either: a) discipline-specific or cross-disciplinary and arises out of the theoretical and empirical literature of social science and related disciplines seeking to understand behavior in a social context: anthropology, economics, sociology, criminology (specifically white collar crime), psychology (particularly social and cognitive) and law; or, b) arises out of disciplines such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, and computer science and focuses on the technical aspects (e.g., machine learning, language technologies, image recognition , statistical forensics) required to develop state-of-the art tools for detecting falsification and/or fabrication of images and data. ORI strongly encourages that the projects include collaboration with institutional research misconduct officials and/or others who have direct experience with 42 CFR Part 93, including institutional attorneys experienced with institutional research misconduct proceedings. ORI also strongly encourages that the projects take place in research settings and/or includes individuals actively engaged in or training for careers in research. For the second phase, those who were successful in obtaining Phase I research awards will be eligible to submit applications for research that builds on the preliminary findings from Phase I. ORI understands that findings in Phase I may require investigators to modify their plans for Phase II from what was proposed in Phase I; modifications in scope or direction will need to be justified in these Phase II applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY17 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Phase II Research on Research Integrity|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (HHS-OPHS)|
|Grant Categories:||Health Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||IR-ORI-17-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 31st, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 31st, 2017|
|Posted Date:||January 5th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||January 5th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||April 30th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$350,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$175,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$175,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 5th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants include: Higher Education Institutions Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education Private Institutions of Higher Education The following types of Higher Education Institutions are always encouraged to apply for support as Public or Private Institutions of Higher Education: Hispanic-serving Institutions Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs) Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education) Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education) For-Profit Organizations Small Businesses For-Profit Organizations (Other than Small Businesses) Governments State Governments County Governments City or Township Governments Special District Governments Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized) Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized) Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government U.S. Territory or Possession Other Independent School Districts Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities Native American Tribal Organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Faith-based or Community-based Organizations Regional Organizations Foreign Institutions Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- FY17 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Phase II Research on Research Integrity
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
- Similar Government Grants
- • Announcement of the Availability of Funds for Research on Research Integrity
- • Announcement of the Availability of Funds for Conferences on Research Integrity
- • Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Research on Research Integrity
- • FY18 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Conferences on Research Int...
- • FY17 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Conferences on Research Int...
- • Announcement of the Availability of Funds for Office of Research Integrity (ORI) Extramura...
- • FY15 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Phase I Research on Researc...
- More Grants from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- • Availability of funds for Title X Family Planning- Innovations in Family Planning Clinical...
- • Preventing HIV Infection in Women through Expanded Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Prevent...
- • Youth Engagement in Sports: Collaboration to Improve Adolescent Physical Activity and Nutr...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Adoption/Donation Services and Public Awa...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Data Analysis and Trends Research Grants