FY21 Bluefin Tuna Research Program
The summary for the FY21 Bluefin Tuna Research Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY21 Bluefin Tuna Research Program: The objective of the program is to provide a basis for advancing science-based fisheries management for Atlantic bluefin tuna. Such advancement will depend upon improvements in understanding of the fisheries and biology of bluefin tuna, especially regarding the effects of mixing and movement between the eastern and western Atlantic populations. Contracting Parties to the International Convention for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT), of which the US is one, and other partners have embarked upon a multi-year research program on bluefin tuna as a step toward improving ICCAT's science-based management of Bluefin fisheries. Research sponsored under this funding opportunity represents a contribution to this partnership. Proposals that demonstrate collaborations with the ICCAT Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Research Program and other ICCAT partners are strongly encouraged.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY21 Bluefin Tuna Research Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment, Natural Resources, Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-SE-2021-2006574|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 25th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 25th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||June 17th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||June 17th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||October 25th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||50|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 17th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants may be institutions of higher education, nonprofits, commercial organizations, individuals, and state, local, and Indian tribal governments. Federal agencies or institutions are not eligible. Foreign governments, organizations under the jurisdiction of foreign governments, and international organizations are excluded for purposes of this solicitation since the objective of the BTRP is to optimize research and development benefits from U.S. marine fishery resources.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For questions regarding the application process, you may contact: Dax Ruiz, State/Federal Liaison Branch, (727) 824-5324, or Dax.Ruiz@noaa.gov.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
- • Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program)
- • 2020 BREP
- • Protected Species Cooperative Conservation
- • Proactive Species Conservation Program
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021