Fair Housing Initiative Program Private Enforcement Initiative (PEI)
The summary for the Fair Housing Initiative Program Private Enforcement Initiative (PEI) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fair Housing Initiative Program Private Enforcement Initiative (PEI): This Initiative assists private, tax-exempt fair housing enforcement organizations in the investigation and enforcement of alleged violations of the Fair Housing Act. There are three components under this Initiative: General Component (PEI-G) (1) General Component. Eligible applicants are Fair Housing Enforcement Organizations (FHOs) or Qualified Fair Housing Organizations (QFHOs) with at least one or two year's experience, respectively, in complaint intake, investigation and fair housing testing. (See Chart on Section III.A. for additional and specific eligibility requirements). (2) Performance-Based Funding Component. (PBFC): Applicants who are present and/or former PEI grantees, over a three (3) year period, based upon appropriations. PBFC applicants must be QFHOs (And) meet the requirements as specified in this NOFA (See chart on Section III.A. for all eligibility requirements). Once an applicant is funded under PBFC and their performance is assessed by the HUD Government Technical Representative (GTR) as anything less than "Excellent", within the three (3) year period, then the grantee is both: prohibited from drawing down funds on their current grant, and (b) prohibited from receiving PBFC funding in the second or third grant year, if applicable. An "Excellent" Rating for PBFC must be above 90 points on a 100 point scale. (3) Mortgage Rescue Component (P-MRC): Eligible applicants are QFHOs and FHOs who have the organizational capacity to combat abusive mortgage practices in their communities. P-MRC has the same eligibility as PEI-G with additional distinct requirements.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fair Housing Initiative Program Private Enforcement Initiative (PEI)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Education Housing|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-5415-N-27A|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Private Enforcement Initiatives|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 21, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 21, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Nov 19, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Nov 18, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Dec 27, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||26000000|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- PEI eligible applicants are Qualified Fair Housing Enforcement Organizations (QFHOs) and Fair Housing Enforcement Organizations (FHOs), see 24 CFR 125.103.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- You may contact Myron P. Newry, Denise L. Brooks, or Paula Stone of the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity's FHIP Division, at 202-402-7095, 202-402-7050, or 202-402-7054, respectively (these are not toll-free numbers). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may contact the Division by calling (800) 290-1617 (this is a toll-free number).
Program Contact [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fair Housing Initiatives Program - Private Enforcement Initiative
- • Fair Housing Initiative Program - Private Enforcement Initiative
- • Fair Housing Initiative Programs Private Enforcement Initiative
- • Fair Housing Initiative Programs - Private Enforcement Initiative
- • Fair Housing Initiatives Programs (FHIP) - Private Enforcement Initiative (PEI)
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • 2019 Family Unification Program Notice of Funding Availability
- • Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities (Capital Advance)
- • Project Rental Assistance Program of Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disab...
- • Family Self-Sufficiency Program - Renewal
- • Resident Opportunity & Self-Sufficiency Program