Family Connection Discretionary Grants
The summary for the Family Connection Discretionary Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Family Connection Discretionary Grants: The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Children's Bureau, announces the availability of competitive grant funds authorized by the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008 (P.L. 110-351). The purpose of this funding announcement is to help children who are in or are at-risk of entering into foster care reconnect with family members by developing and implementing grant programs in the areas of kinship navigator programs; programs utilizing intensive family-finding efforts to locate biological family and reestablish relationships; programs utilizing family group decision-making meetings; or residential family treatment programs. Under this Program Announcement applicants will submit proposals for one, or any combination of, the aforementioned four inter-related grant program areas, which comprise elements of a strong system of services to support family connections. Applicants must clearly state for which of these four program areas, or which combination of program areas, they are applying, and must justify their selection of program area(s) in terms of documented needs associated with specified project goals and objectives. As demonstration projects, grantees will develop these programs as identifiable sites that other States/locales seeking to implement family connection services for this population can look to for guidance, insight, and possible replication. Applicants should note that the authorizing legislation specifies the following: -- Initial Federal award levels will decline and non-Federal share match levels will increase in the third year of the three-year grant period, as required by %901 427(d) of the Act; and -- No more than 50% of the non-federal share may be in kind, as required by %901 427(e) of the Act.
|Federal Grant Title:||Family Connection Discretionary Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2009-ACF-ACYF-CF-0078|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Family Connection Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 06, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 06, 2009|
|Posted Date:||May 06, 2009|
|Creation Date:||May 06, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 05, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$14,250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$450,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||30|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Social Security Act %901 427(a) identifies eligible applicants as "State, local, or tribal child welfare agencies, and private nonprofit organizations that have experience in working with foster children or children in kinship care arrangements." If the applicant is a private organization, documentation of support from the relevant local or State child welfare agency or a description of how the organization plans to coordinate its services and activities with those offered by the relevant local or State child welfare agency is required. Faith-based and community organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign entities are not eligible under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Deskapp_support@acf.hhs.gov
ACF Applications Help Desk [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Building the Evidence for Family Group Decision-Making in Child Welfare
- • Family Connection Grants: Combination Family-finding/Family Group Decision-making Projects
- • Family Connection Grants: Comprehensive Residential Family Treatment Projects
- • Family Connection Grants: Child Welfare/TANF Collaboration in Kinship Navigation Programs
- • Family Connection Grants: Using Family Group Decision-making to Build Protective Factors f...
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants