Field Initiated Projects Program: Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) - Development
The summary for the Field Initiated Projects Program: Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) - Development grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Field Initiated Projects Program: Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) - Development: The purpose of the Field Initiated (FI) Projects program is to develop methods, procedures, and rehabilitation technology that maximize the full inclusion and integration into society, employment, independent living, family support, and economic and social self-sufficiency of individuals with disabilities, especially individuals with the most severe disabilities. Another purpose of the FI Projects program is to improve the effectiveness of services authorized under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. In carrying out a development activity under a FI Projects development grant, a grantee must use knowledge and understanding gained from research to create materials, devices, systems, methods, measures, techniques, tools, protypes, processes, or intervention protocols that are beneficial to the target population. Please note that this will be the funding opportunity for development proposals for minority-serving institutions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Field Initiated Projects Program: Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) - Development|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2017-ACL-NIDILRR-IFST-0186|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 15th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 15th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||November 17th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||November 17th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||March 17th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 17th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Minority entities are the only applicants that are eligible to apply for this grant opportunity. NIDILRR's FI Projects grant opportunity for minority serving institutions is intended to improve the capacity of minority entities to conduct high quality disability and rehabilitation research by limiting eligibility for this opportunity to minority entities and Indian tribes. Section 21(b)(2)(A) of the Act authorizes NIDILRR to make awards to minority entities and Indian tribes to carry out activities authorized under Title II of the Act. A minority entity is defined as a historically black college or university (a part B institution, as defined in section 322(2) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended), a Hispanic-serving institution of higher education, an American Indian tribal college or university, or another institution of higher education whose minority student enrollment is at least 50 percent. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Marlene Spencer
- Similar Government Grants
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP): Assistive Technology to Promote In...
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Research on Healthcare Pol...
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) Phase II
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Real Time Pressure Mapping...
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Chronic Disease Management...
- • Field Initiated Projects Program (research)
- • Field Initiated Projects Program (development)
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Projects for Translating t...
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program