Food for Progress
The summary for the Food for Progress grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Food Aid Information System, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Food for Progress: Note: This is not a cash grant program. The grants awarded under this program are in the form of agricultural commodities, such as wheat, rice, or other foodstuffs. Grants are only awarded, under this program, for projects carried out in foreign countries. Agriculture commodities are provided to grant applicants to assist developing countries and emerging democracies that are committed to introducing and expanding free enterprise in the agricultural sector.
|Federal Grant Title:||Food for Progress|
|Federal Agency Name:||Food Aid Information System|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FFP-2007|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Food for Progress|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Feb 07, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Feb 07, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- A Cooperating Sponsor (grant applicant) may be either: (a) A foreign government; (b) An entity registered with the Agency for International Development (AID) in accordance with AID regulations; or (c) An entity that demonstrates to CCC's satisfaction: (1) Organizational experience and resources available to implement and manage the type of program proposed, i.e., targeted food assistance or sale of commodities for economic development activities; (2) Experience working in the targeted country; and (3) Experience and knowledge on the part of personnel who will be responsible for implementing and managing the program. CCC may require that an entity submit a financial statement demonstrating that it has the financial means to implement an effective donation program.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Babette Gainor
FAIS Grants Program Manager
Phone 202-720-4221 firstname.lastname@example.org Babette Gainor, Deputy Director, FAS/Programming Division
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2023 Food Assistance Proposal Instructions and Request for Applications FOOD FOR PROGRE...
- • FY 2022 FFPr Limited Merit Based NOFO
- • FY 2022 FFPr Standing NOFO
- • United States Department Of Agriculture Food For Progress Program
- • Solicitation of Input from Stakeholders on Financing Innovations for Small and Medium Agri...
- • Food for Progress Program
- More Grants from the Food Aid Information System
- • McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program