Foreign Language Assistance Program (84.293B)
The summary for the Foreign Language Assistance Program (84.293B) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Foreign Language Assistance Program (84.293B): .Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html.Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The Foreign Language Assistance Program (FLAP) provides grants to local educational agencies (LEAs) for innovative model programs providing for the establishment, improvement, or expansion of foreign language study for elementary and secondary school students. Under this competition, as required by the fiscal year 2008 Appropriations Act, 5-year grants will be awarded to LEAs to work in partnership with one or more institutions of higher education (IHEs) to establish or expand articulated programs of study in languages critical to United States national security in order to enable successful students to achieve a superior level of proficiency in those languages as they advance from elementary school through high school and college. In addition, an LEA that receives a grant under this program must use the funds to support programs that show the promise of being continued beyond the grant period and demonstrate approaches that can be disseminated to and duplicated in other LEAs. Projects supported under this program may also include a professional development component.Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.293B.If you choose to submit your application electronically, you must use the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at http://www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the Foreign Language Assistance Program at http://www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.293, not for 84.293B).The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Federal Grant Title:||Foreign Language Assistance Program (84.293B)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-032708-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Foreign Language Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 30, 2008 Applications Available: March 27, 20|
|Posted Date:||Mar 27, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Apr 02, 2008|
|Archive Date:||May 30, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,360,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: LEAs, including charter schools that are considered LEAs under State law, in partnership with one or more institutions of higher education.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., Room 10070,
PCP, Washington, DC
- Similar Government Grants
- • Foreign Language Assistance Program--State Educational Agencies (SEAs) CFDA 84.293C
- • Foreign Language Assistance Program--Local Educational Agencies with Institutions of Highe...
- • Foreign Language Assistance Program--Local Educational Agencies With Institutions of Highe...
- • Foreign Language Assistance Program--Local Educational Agencies CFDA 84.293B
- • Foreign Language Assistance Program--State Educational Agencies
- • Foreign Language Assistance Grants (Local Educational Agencies)
- • Foreign Language Assistance Program: State Educational Agencies (84.293C)
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...