Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program
The summary for the Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Justice Assistance, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program: The Gang Resistance Education And Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program (42 U.S.C. § 13921) is a school-based, law enforcement officer-instructed classroom curriculum administered by the Office of Justice Programs Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) in cooperation with the Department of Justices (DOJs) Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program's primary objective is prevention and is intended as an immunization against delinquency, youth violence, and gang membership. G.R.E.A.T. lessons focus on providing life skills to students to help them avoid engaging in delinquent behavior and violence to solve problems. Criminal justice professionals with powers of arrest-police officers, sheriffs deputies, parole or probation officers, school police officers, federal law enforcement officers/agents, prosecutors, judges, court officials, district attorneys-are eligible to teach G.R.E.A.T. All individuals wishing to deliver the program in the classroom must complete a G.R.E.A.T. Officer Training Course. Per the National G.R.E.A.T. Program Policies and Guidelines, G.R.E.A.T. officers are responsible for maintaining their G.R.E.A.T. certification. G.R.E.A.T. funds may be used to support one or more of the following G.R.E.A.T. curricula, components, and activities: 13-week middle school curriculum (a core, mandatory component); 6-week elementary (4th and 5th grades) curriculum; 6-lesson G.R.E.A.T. families component; or G.R.E.A.T. summer component.
|Federal Grant Title:||Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Justice Assistance|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services Education Other|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BJA-2008-1712|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Gang Resistance Education and Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 13, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Oct 15, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Oct 29, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jan 12, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- Youth violence and gang involvement.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Independent school districts County governments State governments City or township governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any state, local, or tribal jurisdiction or law enforcement agency (including school police, housing authority police, prosecution, probation, and parole agencies possessing the power of arrest) with an active G.R.E.A.T. Program, or committed to starting a G.R.E.A.T. Program, in cooperation with a local education agency, is eligible to apply for funding.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Christopher Casto
Bureau of Justice Assistance
202-353-7193 firstname.lastname@example.org E-Mail
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Support to the Gang Resistance Education ...
- • Gang Resistance Education And Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program Regional Training Centers
- • Gang Resistance Education And Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program Training and Technical Assista...
- • Gang Resistance Education And Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program
- More Grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance
- • BJA FY 19 Second Chance Act Pay for Success Initiative: Outcomes-based Contracting To Lowe...
- • BJA FY 19 Reducing Injury and Death of Missing Individuals with Dementia and Developmental...
- • BJA FY 19 An Academic-based Training Initiative to Improve Police Responses for People wit...
- • Gulf States Regional Law Enforcement Technology Assistance Initiative
- • BJA FY 19 Gulf States Regional Law Enforcement Technology Training and Technical Assistanc...