The summary for the Geospatial Modeling grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Geospatial Modeling: The purpose of this notice is to solicit grant proposals from eligible organizations implementing activities that modernize and improve the National Spatial Reference System in Gulf Coast states. Proposals submitted in response to this announcement should contribute to the beneficial public outcomes associated with the following program priorities, which consist of; 1) enhancing infrastructure of geodetic control, coastal remote sensing data, terrestrial gravity measurements, and other physical datasets; 2) developing models, tools, and guidelines to access geodetic control and manipulate and analyze geodetic data; 3) supporting education, capacity building, and technology transfer; 4) coordinating through partnerships with local users (state and local governments, universities, and the public sector) and other partners in the region; 5) sharing environmental data and information, collected and/or created under NOAA grants/cooperative agreements, making it visible, accessible, and independently understandable to general users, free of charge or at minimal cost, in a timely manner, except where limited by law, regulation, policy, or by security requirements.This competition focuses on the geography of the Gulf Coast states. Eligible funding applicants for this competition are institutions of higher education, state, local and Indian tribal governments. All awards are subject to the availability of funds.
|Federal Grant Title:||Geospatial Modeling|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NOS-NGS-2018-2005522|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 23rd, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 23rd, 2018|
|Posted Date:||February 13th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||February 13th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 22nd, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 13th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible funding applicants for this competition are institutions of higher education, state, local and Indian tribal governments. This funding opportunity is limited to Gulf of Mexico States (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida) that are particularly vulnerable to the negative impacts of storms and geophysical processes like subsidence and erosion, and where there is an urgent and compelling need for improved geospatial information. Federal agencies or institutions and foreign governments may not be the primary recipient of awards under this announcement, but are encouraged to partner with eligible applicants when appropriate.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Colin Becker, phone at 240-533-9650, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ocean and Coastal Mapping Centers
- • Joint Hydrographic Center 2020
- • Joint Hydrographic Center
- • Geospatial Modeling Grant
- • NOAAs National Height Modernization Program
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021