Global Network for Women s and Children s Health Research (U01)
The summary for the Global Network for Women s and Children s Health Research (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Global Network for Women s and Children s Health Research (U01): The NICHD invites applications from investigators willing to participate under a cooperative agreement in an ongoing multi-center international research network designed to perform randomized clinical trials, using common protocols, to reduce the major risk of maternal, neonatal, infant, and early childhood mortality and significant morbidity in resource-poor countries. The purpose of this solicitation is to complement the existing Global Network with the addition of Research Units from Africa and India. The NICHD intends to commit approximately $2 million in total costs [Direct plus Facilities and Administrative (F and A) costs] in FY 2008 to fund two to three new and/or competing continuation grants in response to this RFA. Additional funds are being sought from other sources. This funding opportunity will use the NIH Cooperative Research Project Grant (U01) award mechanism. You may submit an application if your institution has any of the following characteristics: For-profit or non-profit organizations, public or private institutions such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, domestic. Eligible principal investigators (PIs), including any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research, are invited to work with their institutions and senior foreign investigators (SFIs) to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support. An institution may submit only one application in response to this RFA. Applicants may submit a resubmission (amended) application, but such application must include an Introduction addressing the previous peer review critique (Summary Statement). At this time, it is not known if this FOA will be reissued. Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 research grant application instructions and forms (rev. 09/2004). The PHS 398 is available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html in an interactive format. For further assistance contact GrantsInfo, Telephone (301) 435-0714, email: GrantsInfo@nih.gov. Applications must be received by the date listed under Key Dates, above. Telecommunications for the hearing impaired are available at: TTY 301-451-0088.
|Federal Grant Title:||Global Network for Women s and Children s Health Research (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-07-016|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 28, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Apr 25, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Apr 25, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Aug 27, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply for these grants except in partnership with a U.S. applicant. Applicants may apply for only one Research Unit grant. The NICHD invites applications both from current members of the Global Network (competing renewal applications) and from prospective members (new applications). Refer to Section IV.6 for minimum requirements for Research Unit applicants.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R03 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Womens Reproductive Health Research (WRHR) Career Development Program (K12 Clinical Trial ...
- • Non-invasive Diagnostics to Improve Gynecologic Health (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Phase II Small Business Technology Transfer Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Reproductive Genetics and Epigenetics
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...