Goddard Earth Sciences Technology and Research II (GESTAR II)
The summary for the Goddard Earth Sciences Technology and Research II (GESTAR II) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Goddard Earth Sciences Technology and Research II (GESTAR II): The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) is releasing a Cooperative Agreement Notice (CAN) on, or about, October 15, 2020 for the Goddard Earth Sciences Technology and Research II (GESTAR II). The intention is to solicit proposals for a cooperative agreement to continually support research programs in the Sciences and Exploration Directorate (SED) (Code 600) at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). The investigations and studies that will be conducted under the agreement will specifically support NASA strategic Earth Science mission objectives relating to:Earth system, characterization of its components and the processes that drive them, and improving our capability to observe, model and predict its evolution.The informational and computational sciences related to the use of data of benefit to Earth science.The development of the technology required to achieve these scientific challenges.Encouraging maturation of products and methodologies that can benefit society.The Earth Sciences Division (ESD) (Code 610) which falls under the SED will be the main organization that will be collaborating with scientists on different areas of research. The following ESD organizational elements will be participating in the agreement:Code 610.1 - Global Modeling and Assimilation OfficeCode 612 - Mesoscale Atmospheric Processes LaboratoryCode 613 - Climate and Radiation LaboratoryCode 614 - Atmospheric Chemistry and Dynamics LaboratoryCode 615 - Cryospheric Sciences LaboratoryCode 616 - Ocean Ecology LaboratoryCode 617 - Hydrological Sciences LaboratoryCode 618 - Biospheric Sciences LaboratoryCode 619 - Terrestrial Information Systems LaboratoryCode 61A - Geodesy and Geophysics LaboratoryFurther details about the objectives and the areas of research for each one of the organizational elements mentioned above are provided on the attachment to this announcement. GESTAR II is expected to strengthen cooperative relationship between the recipient and Government scientists in the Goddard Sciences and Exploration Directorate (SED), and will provide a vehicle to increase the involvement of the external science community in the pursuit of NASA goals.Participation is open to educational institutions and nonprofit organizations.Notices of Intent to propose are not being requested by this announcement. This is not a Request for Proposals. Oral communications are not acceptable regarding this notice. All questions must be submitted in writing to the Contract Specialist Joel Rivera at Joel.Rivera@nasa.gov. Telephone questions will not be accepted.
|Federal Grant Title:||Goddard Earth Sciences Technology and Research II (GESTAR II)|
|Federal Agency Name:||NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (NASA-GSFC)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||80GSFC21R0003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||October 12th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||October 12th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||October 5th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||October 5th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||November 11th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||October 5th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This opportunity is open to all business types including non-profit and educational institutions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Joel Rivera
Official business only
- Similar Government Grants
- • ROSES 2023: A.32 Earth Surface Mineral Dust Source Investigation (EMIT) Science and Applic...
- • ROSES 2023: F.18 NASA Innovation Corps
- • ROSES 2023: A.59 Technology Development for Support of Wildland Fire Science, Management, ...
- • ROSES 2023: C.24 Here to Observe
- • ROSES 2023: High Priority Open-Source Science
- • Ground-Based Studies in Space Radiobiology
- • Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) - 2011
- • ROSES 2011: Science Team for the OCO-2 Mission
- More Grants from the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- • Cooperative Agreement to establish a Heliophysics Science Center (HSC)
- • Center for Research and Exploration in Space Science and Technology II (CRESST II
- • Opportunity NNG10331134C
- • The Goddard Earth Sciences Technology and Research Gestar Studies and Investigations
- • Delivery and Development of Instructional Materials