Golden Eagle Satellite Telemetry
The summary for the Golden Eagle Satellite Telemetry grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Golden Eagle Satellite Telemetry: This announcement is for US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) Region 2 project support for the conservation of bird species, with special emphasis placed on bird species listed as USFWS conservation and management priorities (USFWS Birds of Conservation Concern 2008; USFWS Birds of Management Concern). As justification for Single Source Determination, in accordance with Department of Interior Guidance (505 DM 2.14), USFWS Region 2 provides notice of its intent to make a single source amendment in the amount of $48,499 to an agreement the USFWS has with Eagle Environmental, Inc. (EEI). Transmitters for this project have already been purchased. This amendment extends for an additional year into 2011 investigation into movement patterns and survival of adult and post-fledged golden eagles in the Four-Corners region of New Mexico, using satellite telemetry. This is the second year of a cooperative venture between the US Fish and Wildlife Service's Division of Migratory Birds, the Bureau of Land Management, the Jicarilla Tribe, and the Navajo Nation. Up to 14 satellite transmitters will be deployed to investigate movements of juvenile golden eagles for the first few years of their lives, and to start building baseline data on age-specific survival rates in the Southwest. EEI is uniquely qualified to conduct this activity in that it has extensive experience with golden eagle monitoring and tracking of golden eagles in the Southwest, including satellite telemetry, and has long-established relationships with both Tribes as well as with the Bureau of Land Management. This work builds upon the effort started in spring 2010, and will address gaps in knowledge of Golden Eagle population dynamics. This announcement is published as a Sole Source in accordance with FAR 6.302-1. This is NOT a request for competitive quotes. The intent of this Pre-Solicitation Notice is for informational purposes only. There is no full announcement associated with this notice of Single Source award.
|Federal Grant Title:||Golden Eagle Satellite Telemetry|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Continuation|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FWSR2-MB-NONGAME-FY11-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Migratory Bird Monitoring, Assessment and Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 30, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 30, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Nov 05, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Nov 05, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Dec 30, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$48,500|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$48,500|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- William Howe Regional Nongame Coordinator Phone 505-248-6875
Questions on Golden Eagle Project [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Pacific Brant mid-winter ground survey in Mexico
- • Migratory Bird Monitoring, Assessment and Conservation
- • Outreach and Communication for Migratory Bird Conservation in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta, A...
- • Western Canada Cooperative Banding Program
- • Migratory Bird Project Support: Monitoring, Assessment, Conservation
- • Migratory Bird Project Support: Monitoring, Assessment, Conservation of Red Knots
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)