Grants for Adaptive Sports Programs for Disabled Veterans and Disabled Members of the Armed Forces
The summary for the Grants for Adaptive Sports Programs for Disabled Veterans and Disabled Members of the Armed Forces grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Veterans Sports Programs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Grants for Adaptive Sports Programs for Disabled Veterans and Disabled Members of the Armed Forces: Program Description: The Adaptive Sports Grant (ASG) Program's purpose is to provide grants to eligible adaptive sports entities to plan, develop, manage, and implement programs to provide adaptive sports activities for disabled Veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces. Adaptive sports activities mean: (1) instruction, participation, and competition in adaptive sports; (2) training and technical assistance to program administrators, coaches, recreation therapists, instructors, VA employees, and other appropriate individuals; and (3) coordination, Paralympic classification of athletes, athlete assessment, sport-specific training techniques, program development (including programs at the local level), sports equipment, supplies, program evaluation, and other activities related to the implementation and operation of the program grants to adaptive sports entities that will coordinate or provide adaptive sports activities. Funding Priorities: The overriding goal for this NOFA is to ensure that appropriate levels of resources are provided to eligible adaptive sports entities with the greatest capabilities to meet the needs and priorities for disabled Veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces as described in the ASG Program goals and objectives, and provide adaptive sports activities in geographic regions where VA has identified limited sports opportunities for disabled Veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces. Also, as specified in Public Law 115-244, $1.5 million of the $15.0 million appropriated for the ASG Program is designated for equine therapy for mental health issues. See NOFA and VA Adaptive Sports Grant Program webpage for further details.
|Federal Grant Title:||Grants for Adaptive Sports Programs for Disabled Veterans and Disabled Members of the Armed Forces|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Veterans Sports Programs (VA-NVSP)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||VA-SPORTS-19|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 14th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 14th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||March 14th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||March 14th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||October 1st, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||130|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 14th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- Adaptive Sports and Equine Therapy Activities for Disabled Veterans and Disabled Members of the Armed Forces as authorized by 38 U.S.C. 521A and Public Law 115-244.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants must qualify as a non-Federal Government entity with significant experience in managing a large-scale adaptive sports program for persons with disabilities if those disabilities are those that disabled Veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces may have.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Dept. of Veterans Affairs Adaptive Sports Grant Program
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Michael F Welch
Adaptive Sport Grant & Paralympic Allowance Specialist
VA Office of National Veterans Sports Programs & Special Events
- Similar Government Grants
- • Grants for Adaptive Sports Programs for Disabled Veterans and Disabled Members of the Arme...
- • Grants for Adaptive Sports Programs for Disabled Veterans and Members of the Armed Forces
- • U.S. Paralympics Integrated Adaptive Sports Program
- • Olympic Opportunity Fund Grant