Grants to Support New Investigators in Conducting Research Related to Preventing Interpersonal Violence Impacting Children and Youth
The summary for the Grants to Support New Investigators in Conducting Research Related to Preventing Interpersonal Violence Impacting Children and Youth grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Grants to Support New Investigators in Conducting Research Related to Preventing Interpersonal Violence Impacting Children and Youth: This NCIPC Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01) seeks to provide support for an intensive, supervised (mentored) career development experience in violence prevention research leading to research independence. Applicants must identify an experienced mentor and, co-mentor(s) as applicable to supervise the proposed career development and research experience. Applicants must have a qualifying (relevant to the field of study) research or health- professional doctoral or medical degree (specifically PhD, ScD, DO, DrPH, MD, DVMD) and less than five years of experience as a researcher in the injury and/or violence prevention field. Applicants must propose violence prevention research to 1) assess the effectiveness of an intervention to prevent one or more forms of violence impacting children and youth ages 0-17 years (i.e., child abuse and neglect, youth violence, teen dating violence, or sexual violence) or to prevent intimate partner violence, sexual violence, or self-directed violence; 2) assess violence outcomes (e.g., victimization or perpetration) or key risk or protective factors; and 3) focus on one of the interpersonal violence prevention research gaps in the NCIPC Research Priorities (https://www.cdc.gov/injury/researchpriorities/index.html).
|Federal Grant Title:||Grants to Support New Investigators in Conducting Research Related to Preventing Interpersonal Violence Impacting Children and Youth|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CE-20-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 1st, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 1st, 2020|
|Posted Date:||December 6th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||December 6th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||May 1st, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$125,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 30th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Sue Neurath
- Similar Government Grants
- • Evaluating Practice-based Programs, Policies, and Practices from CDCs Rape Prevention and ...
- • Research Grants for Preventing Violence and Violence Related Injury (R01)
- • Firearm Injury Surveillance Through Emergency Rooms (FASTER)
- • Preventing Adverse Childhood Experiences Data to Action
- • Comprehensive Suicide Prevention
- • Collaborative Efforts to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
- • Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliances (DELTA) Program
- • Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - ERA
- • Environmental Health Specialists Network (EHS-Net) - Practice based research to improve fo...
- • Prevention Epicenters Program: Protecting Patients from Infections, Antibiotic Resistance ...
- • Evaluation of New HIV Testing Technologies in Clinical Settings with High HIV Incidence
- • Rapid-Cycle Survey Collaborative for Patient and Provider Input on Immunization Issues
- • Assessing the Burden of Diabetes By Type in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults (DiCAYA...