Great Apes Conservation Fund FY13
The summary for the Great Apes Conservation Fund FY13 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Great Apes Conservation Fund FY13: The Great Ape Conservation Fund is soliciting project proposals for the conservation of apes [gorillas (Gorilla gorilla); chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes); bonobos (Pan paniscus); orangutans (Pongo spp.); and gibbons (family Hylobatidae)] throughout their ranges. The U.S. Government enacted the Great Ape Conservation Act of 2000 in response to the decline of ape populations in Africa and Asia. The Act provides for the conservation and protection of apes by supporting conservation programs of countries within the range of apes, and the projects of persons with demonstrated expertise in the conservation of apes. The Great Ape Conservation Fund supports projects that promote conservation through: - Applied research on ape populations and their habitats, including surveys and monitoring; - Development and execution of ape conservation management plans; - Compliance with applicable treaties and laws that prohibit or regulate the taking or trade of ape or regulate the use and management of ape habitat; - Conservation education and community outreach; - Enhanced protection of at-risk ape populations; - Efforts to decrease human-ape conflicts; - Habitat conservation and management; - Protected area/reserve management in important ape range; - Strengthening local capacity to implement conservation programs; - Transfrontier ape conservation; and - Wildlife inspection, law enforcement, and forensics skills. Proposed project work should occur within the ape range, or, if work is to be conducted outside of the range, the proposal should show a clear relevance to ape conservation. Applied research projects should address specific management needs and actions, and threats from emerging issues such as disease and climate change that affect the species and their habitats.
|Federal Grant Title:||Great Apes Conservation Fund FY13|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Education Environment Natural Resources Regional Development Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F12AS00423|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Great Apes Conservation Fund|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 01, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 01, 2012|
|Posted Date:||September 14th, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Sep 14, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Dec 31, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,900,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||30|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any government agency responsible for conservation and protection of apes and any other organization, multi-national secretariat, or individual with demonstrated experience in ape conservation may submit proposals to this Fund. U.S. non-profit, non-governmental organizations must submit documentary evidence of their Section 501(c)(3) non-profit status.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Corrie Mauldin International Affairs Specialist Phone 703-358-2637
- Similar Government Grants
- • Great Apes Conservation Fu nd
- • Great Ape Conservation Fund
- • Great Apes Conservation Fund FY14
- • Great Ape Conservation Program
- • Great Apes Conservation Fund
- • Great Conservation Fund 2011
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)