H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
The summary for the H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program: The intent of this grant program is to alleviate healthcare workforce shortages by creating sustainable employment and training programs in healthcare occupations (including behavioral and mental healthcare) serving rural populations.
|Federal Grant Title:||H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration (DOL-ETA)|
|Grant Categories:||Employment, Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FOA-ETA-20-12|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 13th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 13th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||September 14th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||September 14th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||December 13th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$40,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||40|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 14th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Partnership of public and private sector entities. Grants will be awarded to the lead applicant, which will serve as the grantee and have overall fiscal and administrative responsibility for the grant. Eligible grant leads will include: Healthcare employers, and healthcare industry and/or occupation associations; Nonprofit healthcare organizations affiliated with hospitals and other medical facilities; Organizations designated as “Primary Care Associations” by Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA); Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) State and Local WDBs, under Sections 101 and 107 of WIOA (29 U.S.C. 3111 and 3122); Indian/Native American Tribal Government (federally recognized); and Native American Program entities eligible for funding under Section 166 of WIOA (29 U.S.C. 3221).
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Linda K. Forman
Grants Management Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • Apprenticeships: Closing the Skills Gap
- • Scaling Apprenticeship Through Sector-Based Strategies
- • Strengthening Working Families Initiative
- • Tech Hire Partnership Grants
- • Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic Development (WIRED) Initiative - Third Generatio...
- • High Growth Job Training Initiative Grants for the Long-Term Care Sector of the Health Car...
- • Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Opportunities in the Workforce Sy...
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Ass...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants
- • Unemployment Insurance Integrity Center of Excellence Operations