HERO Appendix A: NASA Research and Technology Development to Support Crew Health and Performance in Space Exploration Missions
The summary for the HERO Appendix A: NASA Research and Technology Development to Support Crew Health and Performance in Space Exploration Missions grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the NASA Johnson Space Center, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
HERO Appendix A: NASA Research and Technology Development to Support Crew Health and Performance in Space Exploration Missions: New NASA Research Announcement 80JSC019N0001-FLAGSHIP Research and Technology Development to Support Crew Health and Performance in Space Exploration Missions NASA's Human Research Program (HRP) has released solicited research response area NRA 80JSC019N0001-FLAGSHIP “NASA Research and Technology Development to Support Crew Health and Performance in Space Exploration Missions” that solicits applied research in support of HRP goals and objectives. This response area is Appendix A of the Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO) NRA (80JSC019N0001). Proposals are solicited by NASA in the areas of Effects of G-levels between 0 and 1 Induced by Parabolic Flights on Human Neurovestibular and Sensorimotor Systems and Space Radiobiology Tissue Sharing: Research Proposing the Use of Archived Tissue Samples or Samples from On-going Experiments. Appendix A of the HERO NRA and associated documentation can be found at: https://tinyurl.com/HERO19-FLAGSHIP. The HERO NRA including all open appendices is available through the NASA Research Opportunities homepage at: https://tinyurl.com/NASA-HERO-2019. A virtual Pre-Proposers Conference is scheduled for August 16, 2019, and more details will be posted shortly alongside this solicitation on NSPIRES. Appendix A Step-1 proposals are due September 5, 2019. Invited Appendix A Step-2 proposals are due December 2, 2019. All categories of United States (U.S.) institutions are eligible to submit proposals in response to the NRA. Principal Investigators may collaborate with universities, Federal Government laboratories, the private sector, and state and local government laboratories. In all such arrangements, the applying entity is expected to be responsible for administering the project according to the management approach presented in the proposal. NASA's policy is to conduct research with non-U.S. organizations on a cooperative, no exchange-of-funds basis. Thank you for your continued interest in NASA. Please refer to the solicitation document for contact information.
|Federal Grant Title:||HERO Appendix A: NASA Research and Technology Development to Support Crew Health and Performance in Space Exploration Missions|
|Federal Agency Name:||NASA Johnson Space Center (NASA-JSC)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||80JSC019N0001-FLAGSHIP|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 5th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 5th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||July 31st, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 31st, 2019|
|Archive Date:||October 5th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 31st, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All categories of U.S. institutions are eligible to submit proposals in response to this NRA (see solicitation for details). NASA's policy regarding non-U.S. organizations is to conduct research on a cooperative, no exchange of funds basis.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Please click here to view the solicitation.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jennifer Fogarty, Ph.D.
Chief Scientist, Human Research Program
NASA Johnson Space Center (Mail Code SA2)
Houston, TX 77058
For difficulty accessing the opportunity, click here.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Use of the NASA Physical Sciences Informatics System - Appendix F
- • Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO)
- • HERO Appendix B: NASA Human Research Program Omnibus Opportunity
- • ROSBio-2018 Appendix C: Development of Microgravity Food Production: Plant Watering, Volum...
- • Appendix D: Topics in Human Health Countermeasures, Human Factors, and Behavioral Performa...
- • Human Systems Integration Research
- • Research Opportunities in Fundamental Physics
- More Grants from the NASA Johnson Space Center
- • Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO)
- • Appendix C: Countermeasures for Mitigation of Spaceflight Associated Neuro-ocular Syndrome
- • 2018 Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO)