HERO Appendix B: NASA Human Research Program Omnibus Opportunity
The summary for the HERO Appendix B: NASA Human Research Program Omnibus Opportunity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the NASA Johnson Space Center, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
HERO Appendix B: NASA Human Research Program Omnibus Opportunity: New NASA Research Announcement 80JSC019N0001-OMNIBUS NASA Human Research Program Omnibus Opportunity NASA's Human Research Program (HRP) has released solicited research response area NRA 80JSC019N0001-OMNIBUS “NASA Human Research Program Omnibus Opportunity” that solicits applied research in support of HRP goals and objectives. This response area is Appendix B of the Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO) NRA (80JSC019N0001). NASA is soliciting investigations lasting no more than one year that provide innovative approaches to any of the risks and gaps contained in the Integrated Research Plan (http://humanresearchroadmap.nasa.gov) of the Human Research Program. NASA is also soliciting novel research ideas that might not be directly aligned with HRP's identified risks from new investigators who have not received funding from NASA HRP, the National Space Biomedical Research Institute, or the Translational Research Institute for Space Health in the last ten years. Appendix B of the HERO NRA and associated documentation can be found at: https://tinyurl.com/HERO19-OMNIBUS. The HERO NRA including all open appendices is available through the NASA Research Opportunities homepage at: https://tinyurl.com/NASA-HERO-2019. A virtual Pre-Proposers Conference is scheduled for August 16, 2019, and more details will be posted shortly alongside this solicitation on NSPIRES. Appendix B Step-1 proposals are due September 5, 2019. Invited Appendix B Step-2 proposals are due December 2, 2019. All categories of United States (U.S.) institutions are eligible to submit proposals in response to the NRA. Principal Investigators may collaborate with universities, Federal Government laboratories, the private sector, and state and local government laboratories. In all such arrangements, the applying entity is expected to be responsible for administering the project according to the management approach presented in the proposal. NASA's policy is to conduct research with non-U.S. organizations on a cooperative, no exchange-of-funds basis. Thank you for your continued interest in NASA. Please refer to the solicitation document for contact information.
|Federal Grant Title:||HERO Appendix B: NASA Human Research Program Omnibus Opportunity|
|Federal Agency Name:||NASA Johnson Space Center (NASA-JSC)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||80JSC019N0001-OMNIBUS|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 5th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 5th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||July 31st, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 31st, 2019|
|Archive Date:||October 5th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 31st, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All categories of U.S. institutions are eligible to submit proposals in response to this NRA (see solicitation for details). NASA's policy regarding non-U.S. organizations is to conduct research on a cooperative, no exchange of funds basis.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Please click here to view the solicitation.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jennifer Fogarty, Ph.D.
Chief Scientist, Human Research Program
NASA Johnson Space Center (Mail Code SA2)
Houston, TX 77058
For difficulty accessing the opportunity, click here.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Use of the NASA Physical Sciences Informatics System - Appendix F
- • Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO)
- • HERO Appendix A: NASA Research and Technology Development to Support Crew Health and Perfo...
- • ROSBio-2018 Appendix C: Development of Microgravity Food Production: Plant Watering, Volum...
- • Appendix D: Topics in Human Health Countermeasures, Human Factors, and Behavioral Performa...
- • Human Systems Integration Research
- • Research Opportunities in Fundamental Physics
- More Grants from the NASA Johnson Space Center
- • Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO)
- • Appendix C: Countermeasures for Mitigation of Spaceflight Associated Neuro-ocular Syndrome
- • 2018 Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO)