HOPE VI Main Street Program
The summary for the HOPE VI Main Street Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
HOPE VI Main Street Program: The purpose of the HOPE VI Main Street program is to provide grants to small communities to assist in the rejuvenation of an historic or traditional central business district or "Main Street" area by replacing unused commercial space in buildings with affordable housing units. The objectives of the program are to (a) Redevelop Main Street areas; (b) Preserve historic or traditional architecture or design features in Main Street areas; (c) Enhance economic development efforts in Main Street areas; and (d) Provide affordable housing in Main Street areas.
|Federal Grant Title:||HOPE VI Main Street Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Housing|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-5300-N-24|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Affordable Housing Development in Main Street Rejuvenation Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 03, 2010 This Grants.gov modif|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 20, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Nov 11, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jan 19, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Mar 10, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include, and are limited to, local governments, as defined in Section I.D. of this program NOFA. The local government must: (a) Have a population of 50,000 or less; and (b) Not be served by a local government, county/parish, regional, or state public housing agency (PHA) that administers more than 100 physical public housing units within the local government's jurisdiction. Such units exclude Section 8 Housing Voucher subsidized units and public housing units in Mixed-Finance developments where the PHA is not the General Partner in the for-profit ownership entity.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If the applicant has a question or needs clarification, the applicant may contact Lawrence Gnessin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Persons with hearing and/or speech impairments may access these telephone numbers via text telephone (TTY) by calling the toll-free Federal Information Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
Program Contact [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • HOPE VI Main Street Grant Program
- • HOPE VI Main Strett Grants
- • Hope Vi
- • HOPE VI Main Street Grant Program
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • 2019 Family Unification Program Notice of Funding Availability
- • Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities (Capital Advance)
- • Project Rental Assistance Program of Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disab...
- • Family Self-Sufficiency Program - Renewal
- • Resident Opportunity & Self-Sufficiency Program