Hazardous Materials Worker Health and Safety Training (U45)
The summary for the Hazardous Materials Worker Health and Safety Training (U45) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Hazardous Materials Worker Health and Safety Training (U45): This FOA issued by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) invites applications for cooperative agreements to support the development of model programs for the training and education of workers engaged in activities related to hazardous materials and waste generation, removal, containment, transportation and emergency response.The major objective of this FOA is to prevent work-related harm by assisting in the training of workers in how best to protect themselves and their communities from exposure to hazardous materials encountered during hazardous waste operations, hazardous materials transportation, environmental restoration of contaminated facilities or chemical emergency response.A variety of sites, such as those involved with chemical waste cleanup and remedial action and transportation-related chemical emergency response may pose severe health and safety concerns to workers and the surrounding communities.These sites contain a multiplicity of hazardous substances, sometimes unknown substances, and often the site is uncontrolled. A major goal of the Worker Training Program (WTP) is to provide assistance to organizations in developing their institutional competency to provide appropriate model training and education programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Hazardous Materials Worker Health and Safety Training (U45)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-ES-14-008|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||NIEHS Hazardous Waste Worker Health and Safety Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 6, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 6, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Jul 28, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jul 28, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Dec 7, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$28,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; Foreign Institutions
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • Hazardous Materials Worker Health and Safety Training (U45 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • HAZMAT Training at DOE Nuclear Weapons Complex (UH4 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • SBIR E-Learning for HAZMAT and Emergency Response (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • SBIR E-learning for HAZMAT and Emergency Response (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • SBIR E-learning for HAZMAT and Emergency Response (R43/R44)
- • Hazardous Materials Worker Health and Safety Training
- • Hazmat Training at Doe Nuclear Weapons Complex
- • SBIR E-learning for HAZMAT and Emergency Response (SBIR [R43/R44])
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...