Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Cook, Lake, and St. Louis Counties, Minnesota
The summary for the Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Cook, Lake, and St. Louis Counties, Minnesota grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Cook, Lake, and St. Louis Counties, Minnesota: Through this announcement, the Administration for Children and Families solicits applications from public or private non-profit organizations, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or for-profit organizations that seek to provide a high-quality, comprehensive birth-to-five program incorporating both Head Start and Early Head Start funding, or to provide for Head Start only or Early Head Start only, to children and families residing in Cook, Lake, and St. Louis Counties, Minnesota. Funds in the amount of $2,885,005 annually will be available to provide Head Start and/or Early Head Start program services to eligible children and their families. Interested applicants may email the OHS Operations Center at OHS@headstartgrants.org for additional information.
|Federal Grant Title:||Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Cook, Lake, and St. Louis Counties, Minnesota|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2014-ACF-OHS-CH-R05-0708|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Head Start|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 22, 2013 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 22, 2013 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||Jul 24, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jul 24, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Nov 21, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,885,005|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,885,005|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Independent school districts
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
City or township governments
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- It is important to note that the eligibility requirements are different for Head Start and Early Head Start. More information is provided in the funding opportunity announcement.
ENTITIES APPLYING FOR HEAD START ONLY - OR - BOTH HEAD START AND EARLY HEAD START: Eligible applicants are limited to local public or private non-profit agencies, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or local for-profit agencies, pursuant to Section 641(a)(1) of the Head Start Act, 42 U.S.C. § 9836(a)(1) in the service area, that can provide Head Start services to children and families residing in the service area. Applicants must demonstrate they meet the statutory requirement for designation as a Head Start and/or Early Head Start agency as defined in the Head Start Act.
ENTITIES APPLYING FOR EARLY HEAD START ONLY: Eligible applicants are any public or private non-profit agency, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or for-profit agencies pursuant to Section 645A(d) of the Head Start Act, 42 U.S.C. § 9840A(d). Eligibility is limited to public or private non-profit organizations, including faith-based organizations or for-profit organizations in the service area that can provide Early Head Start services to children and families residing in the service area.
Entities operating Head Start programs are eligible to operate Early Head Start programs. Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Faith-based organizations are encouraged to review the ACF Policy on Grants to Faith-Based Organizations at: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/acf-policy-on-grants-to-faith-based-organizations. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Desk
ACF Applications Help Desk
Administration for Children and Families 202-690-5840
- Similar Government Grants
- • Head Start/Early Head Start Recipient -- Communities in the state of North Dakota
- • Head Start/Early Head Start Recipient -- Communities in the state of Texas
- • Head Start/Early Head Start Recipient -- Communities in the state of New Jersey
- • Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Dissertation Grants
- • Secondary Analyses of Head Start Data
- • Head Start University Partnership Research Grants: Strategies for Developing Teacher Effec...
- • Head Start Replacement Grantee(s): Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lee, Poi...
- • Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program: Implementation and Exp...
- • Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program: Development and Implem...
- • American Rescue Plan Act Emergency Native Language Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • U.S. Repatriation Program
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population